need help quick....please any one!

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

samik

by samik

I have stars and stripes puffer who I believe has velvet. there is also a yellow stingray in the same tank. Question: I need a velvet treatment that is copper safe stingrays are very sensitive to copper. I know that I need a sick tank but I do not have one right now. Does any one know of any velvet treatment that is copper safe. LIghts and left off for now. please help someone!!!!!!!!!!!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ummm dude idk , garlic maybe?? idk if that would help

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Tri sulfate tablets from you LFS and supplement your fishs imune system with garli. Hey blue your learning buddy, soon there will be no use for us originals, fishboy saltwaterpimp schigara boss, hahaha man im pissed

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha right! Damn blue stepping up to the plate! Be confident in your decision making :) you got it. Have you joined a reef club yet? Im going to my first meeting on the 18th. I learn from hanging out at the lfs. for hours at a time. :) plus I help out....clean tanks...skimmers....treat fish......kill aiptasia. its the stuff. Hows your lion samik? whats the status?

samik

by samik

well I decided to go with "no-ick" and all the ick is gone today. down side is that my ray died. im not for sure if it was from the meds, which i doubt or somithing else. who knows? and fishboy not sure about what lion your referring to i have been thinking about getting a black volitan but other than that I do not have a lion wet.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

haha hells to the no, you guys know 10x what i THINK i know haha ill never feel confident to advise someone and tell them that IT WILL WORK haha, there is a local reef club in lubbock texas, might join it in the summer, i have absolutely no time right now thats for sure

fihsboy

by fihsboy

dude im on crack. seariously I dont know where the hell i got the lion......maybe I was thinking the ray. It was a long day that day. Sorry to hear about your ray. Rays and sharks are very VERY intolerant of meds. So it was prolly that. I suck at life for not telling you that earlier. For real.......im sorry I didnt think of that the other day. If I had more than 12 bucks to my name Id send you a coral. but yeah.....tore my car up and i have no money.....damn. anyways, glad your puffer is better. I helped service a local dentist a few weeks back.....well........they decided to go out on there own and buy ick attack. pour it in there tank to rid it......yeah.....wasnt pretty. killed ALL of there fish. yes......all $1000+ of fish, slimed over 80% of the corals and yeah....basically ruined everything. Gotta be careful with that stuff. In lamest terms......its controllable poison. I am sorry to hear about your ray though. That sucks royally. Blue, you should, do it for sure. Only 12 more days and im going to my first meeting.....WOOO!! They gave away a brand new 125 tank and stand last month......so I figured I ought to go!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ya samik i guess i didnt see that your ray died either............ moment of silence.......... if it makes you feel any better, during my last aquascaping escapade i broke the back and induced severe spinal hemmoraging on one of my female squami anthias.......

On the other hand i myself am kind of in trouble at the moment. My skimmer has been foaming like crazy...... too much in fact.......... last time this happened was when i first set it up so that was normal and the guy at the company said to raise the collection cup and put a sponge at the top, said it was doign this because it was reacting to the bioload and stuff in the water...last time we kinda drawed it back to the seachem ph buffer that i was using

Well not its happeneing again, i added live rock about a week ago , bout 7 lbs, all the levels checked out good though, maybe normal?? Havent put any ph buffer in it so we can knock that out.... speaking of ph i need ot check that........ i did add 4 capfuls of calcium and the first lugols solution in about 3 months.
Is there a standard rate that yall dose calcium?? I know that different tanks use different amounts but i hate doing that test... takes for ever to put one drop in and shake it, another drop in n shake.... doing htat like 19 times....... boring......... haha........post post post post post post post post post post.......

8 posts