Thinking of switching.....

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Being in college and everything......ive been thinking about switching to a all in one system such as the Nano cube.......or something like it. Anyone have any opinions on that? I was just thinking it would be a lot easier to move.....its compact so I can enjoy it ANYwhere......even if I move.......with college and work......it would be nice to have something with ATO and all the goodies. What do you guys think?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~ ... 80028.html

I know its smaller......and leaves less for my crazy imagination.....but with my crazy as hell schedule....and school....wouldnt this be optimal? Sell everything I have now......and go to something like this....

jweb

by jweb

wow, that is rediculously high priced... systems like those are nice, but not that nice for the price.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

True a little pricey, but im actually looking at something a little more compact. Im just thinking an all in one system would be easier on my nerves when im outta town or something. When I work 12-14 hour days.....I worry about my tank all day. I have a tad of OCD......i worry about a lot of stuff, and it drives me crazy until I know its how it should be. Thats why im thinking a all in one would be nice.......because I dont have the money to do what I want with what I have......I want new halide lights with T5's and a awesome sump.......a new stand.....blah blah blah blah blah. Im thinking a simple reef would be optimal for right now in my life. maybe a JBJ?

jweb

by jweb

yea i understand. The setup i got is pretty sweet. i dont know if you seen in but its a drilled oceanic 58 gallon with wet/dry. theres no way for it to overflow the sump. its real nice. the pics are on gomezcoral.com under aquariums and new tank setup. i am very pleased with it. just cant wait to get something in it, lol.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

tom aquaitics rapids pro filter {all in one, auto start and stop, wet/dry filter with built in skimmer and auto top off} add an auto feeder and your current tank is self contained................no?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Sounds good guys. I guess more than anything im tired of my tank looking ghetto.....so im going to BUY a new stand and hood......and not build it. When i build them they look okay....but not like a bought one. So if I buy a new stand....my old sump wont fit....so ill just leave it be until its time to move. I have family over from outta town and im just tired of my tank sitting on a effy cabinet. It looks okay....but im no carpenter. The nano cubes just look so clean. Im goin to stay where im at for now......save my money... Just bought a Mag 7 for my return today. Pushes pretty nice. might get the 9.5 instead though.....it would push REALLY nice.

7 posts