clownfish, swimming weird?

15 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fishkeeper90

by fishkeeper90

i bought a clownfish earlier today and it is swimming weird
kinda like side to side
any suggestions
i understand that they do swim weird though
just making sure

fishkeeper90

by fishkeeper90

i bought a clownfish earlier today and it is swimming weird
kinda like side to side
any suggestions
i understand that they do swim weird though
just making sure

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

How many clowns do you have? Other fish?? b/c a few of mine like to "dance" with other clowns or other fish. my maroon dances with my yellow tang and my 2 percs dance with one another all the time. unless its making alot of effort to swim and is not getting anywhere, its just putting on a show

fishkeeper90

by fishkeeper90

right now just two blue damsels a 4 stripe damsel and a chromis and also live rock
any suggestions on fish i kinda want another clown
which kinds could i get

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

is he shaking side to side? if so he's postureing, basically doin a "hey people i'm cool" dance

fihsboy

by fihsboy

wait till he lays on the sand to sleep or lays on the glass with his nose in the sand. then you will be like WHOA! whats going on! is he dead? my grandma and mom always call me into the other room to see if the fish are alive! its great! they sleep weird and they dance and peck at eachother too. Its pretty awesome.

fishkeeper90

by fishkeeper90

yea thanx 4
4 the feedback

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

my bigger Perc disapeared last saturday and we were sure that she jumped and got eaten by one of the cats ...............

tonight i was topping of the tank {through the filter} and i see the clown in the top tray of the sump.............so i reach in all pissed off, that i found a dead fish............and as soon as i touch her she flips out !!! yes alive ..........in 1/4 inch of running water for 5 days with no food. poor little girl was almost white, like she'd been bleached or something. i put her back into the display and within 2 hours she's gotten all his color back and is eating like a hog..................i say all this, one because im happy to have her back but two because the silly girl sleeps sucked up on the overflow ...............when she first did it i thought she was dead and got stuck but when i reached in to get her ....she took off like a shot

let's see if she sleeps on the overflow tonight after this ordeal, lol

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

lmao. its like touching the stove.......your mom tells you its hot....nope....gotta touch it before you realize. hopefully she wont go back in there. But glad shes alive and kicken. sounds like shes been watching finding nemo too many times...(all drains lead to the ocean)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol yeah

this morning i see she's still hovering around the intake of the overflow............guess we didn't learn our lesson eh?

15 posts • Page 1 of 2