clown fish

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

memphis

clown fish

by memphis

i heard u cant keep clowns fish together but every time i look at a pic on this site i noticed 2 diff kind of clowns in there tank. what im asking is if i can put in percula clowns in with my maroon clown. if i can is there a special way to do this

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

the problum with clown are thay are taritorel. you can do it but you are looking at a big tank. as in 90g or bigger. and even then it is a gambol. best thing i can tell you is try if you have the money or if you want to chance it. but the out come might be the maroon beating the hell out of the perc.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

4 or more is what ive read .........then they just get to dam tired of chaseing each other and say the hell with it ..........i had three true percs introduced at the same time and after about a month the largest turned female and the second turned male and they in turn terorized the smallest until they eventually killed it - - - -well got it so tired and weak that the big hermit finally caught it and made a meal of it .............so yes you can multiple clowns but have quit a few or only two

and always remember clowns are just damsels in pretty clothes

schigara

by schigara

Are you asking if and how to put in a pair of percula clowns with one Maroon clown or do you want to put one Perc clown with one Maroon clown?

Mixing a pair of clowns is pretty easy, just add the larger or more aggressive last or add the two at the same time.

Having more than one pair of clowns requires space and distance. I have seen 2 pairs of Perc and Ocellaris occupy the same 125g tank but I have yet to see a large enough tank for a pair of Maroons with any other pair of clowns. Remember, Maroon clowns get BIG and very aggressive.

Like Boss eluded to, Clowns and especially Maroons, will rule a tank.

If you have one Maroon clown that has been in the tank for a few months, good luck adding any clown that won't get the crap beat out of it, or outright killed.

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

I think he means adding marroon to percs, he already has two percs.

schigara

by schigara

I don't think so, Burgerking. In his profile, he says he has 3 perc clowns but who knows how up to date this info is? In his original post, he states "what im asking is if i can put in percula clowns in with my maroon clown".

Sounds to me like he now has one Maroon Clown and wonders if he can add Percula Clowns.

memphis

by memphis

schigara is right i have a maroon and want to put some other kind of clown in there. sry havent updated profile. i will get to that soon

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

in a 50gal tank I have one black, one sebae, and 2 of the traditional orange clowns and none of them have a problem except for the occasional wanting to go inside of anothers sea anemone. but other than that its fine. just make sure when they are introduce that they are relatively the same size and rearrange some of your decor. this will make them give up their territory and find a new spot so every one is starting fresh. thats what i have done and have had complete success

gonzaimaki7563

by gonzaimaki7563

nice suggestion.. im also thinking of having atleast two pairs of different clowns for my tank. can an orange and a black clown pair together?

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

what I have read and seen and now starting to know first hand is that orange and black ocelleious clowns should be fine together I started a thread called the black and the orange

clown fish

11 posts • Page 1 of 2