How you got Hooked

28 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i feel like a proud parent .............lol............Blue you are one of the few people who has come on the site as a newbie and stayed with it and has turned into quit the aquarist ..........i'd love to see some updated full tank shots if you get arounf to it one of these days

GOOD JOB MAN!!!!!!!!

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

one of these days..... i am so hooked on this that soft corals are in the near future... my lfs set up a sps lps tank but im stayin away from that. When i first started this adn fihsboy said that he spends at least 45 mins a day watching his tank... quite frankly i thought he was out of his mind and now..... i find myself watching it in the morning... i find myself eating in front of it, reading in front of it, on my comp infront of it, and now my newest thing is to put crashing beach waves music on and watch it.... i never believed how insanely addicting a fish tank can be. No matter what you guys said, without yall i could have some disease or algae blooms, dead fish, who knowz, every question i come up with has an answer on this foroum. A perfect example would be the nem, i thuoght it was a sure gonner jus last week and its thriving now... rediculously healthy. My fish are all bright colors, happy... and no matter how many problems arise, it never deterrs me from the hobby.

You guys are like family

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

p.s- ive taken probably between 100- 200 pics starting form when i didnt even have water in my tank.... ill get around to showing you guys sooner or later

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

photo bucket them bad boys - - - -or run em on the other site {gomez's}

i know some people don't like it but it has a chat room and picture loading is much easier than here .........BUT ............your right ive never not had a question answered in here and this will always be home to me ....................

PhishPlakes

by PhishPlakes

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here but so far it seems very friendly and open here, something I really appreciate! I first got into the hobby a few years ago, at first as a challenge - I enjoy new things and eventually, try to do it well. But in the end, I found having a fish tank in room was the greatest stress relief! It was my own personal homedic remedy especially coming home from a long stressful day. I found it easier to sleep as I dose off watching the fishes! It has been great.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

amzazing how them lil fellas seem to make everything ok eh?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

amzazing how them lil fellas seem to make everything ok eh?

my wife and i have gotten into spats and found ourselves in the livingroom her on the couch and me in the recliner not speaking and silently staring angrily into silence and pretty soon we're both looking at the tank and in a matter of minutes we're calm and speaking and don't even realize that the tank calmed us down

good marrage therapy too.......................fish rule !!!!!
lol

Boss

vwfan79

by vwfan79

For me it started about 6-7 years ago, my girlfriend at the time had bought me a fish bowl filled with gummy fish. It got me to thinking and remembering about the tank my dad had when I was younger. So I went and got a 10 gallon setup and put a couple of fish in it. I was hooked, not to long after that my friend gave me a 55g, stand and all the filters and lighting and decoration that he had. I started keeping SA/CA cichlids, then I bought a 35g and setup a little community tank. I had a lazy boy in front of my 55g and used to sit there for hours and watch the fish and research new fish I wanted. When I moved out of the girlfriends house I bought a 75g and had the 55g, 75g and 35g all setup at my brothers where I was staying. Then I moved out of state and left all my tanks with my dad, who kept the 75g going as a community tank (that didn't last long, he eventually gave my 55 and 75 to the neighbor). So after 3 years out state I moved back home and was anxious to setup a tank, but they were gone, except the 35g, so I went and payed way to much for a whole new 55g setup, lights, stand, filters, and everything. Once again
I went with the South Americans, I started researching African Cichlids a bit and after a year traded the SAs in for my first batch of AC, which is where I'm at now. About 8 months ago a friend of mine gave me a 90g in trade for some work. I still spend a good 2 hours a day, sometimes more, watching the fish(I'm layed off right now so I have plenty of time). My apartment now is pretty small, and I don't pay for electric so I only have my 90g and a split 10 w/ 2 bettas. But someday in the near future, when i get a bigger place, would like to setup one or both of the 55g tanks I have, 1 with community fish or dwarf cichlids and the other saltwater, but thats going to have to wait for now.

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

Africans are great. Impossible to kill, great color for freshwater, and easy to breed.

Bigfish0016124

by Bigfish0016124

Haha everyone has such a great story to tell about starting out and looking back on all our mistakes and fun times we've had with our tank, thanks guys!

How you got Hooked

28 posts • Page 2 of 3