diving/snorkleing spots

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

kelbri

diving/snorkleing spots

by kelbri

My wife and I are trying to go on a warm weather vacation in February. We live in landlocked Saskatchewan, waaaaaay up north of most everyone else. Anyways, I was wondering if anybody here had some good suggestions on where we could go, in the Caribbean area, like the Bahama's or Jamaica. I would LOVE to do some diving, but just good old fashioned snorkling would be fine too. That means some nice reefs. TIA everyone.

Brian

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I went out off the coast of a small island called Molokai (sp?) near Hawaii once. There was a wonderful display of creatures in the crater which was about 80ft deep. It was quite a tease to be browsing the surface of this little cradle of life. Kinda wanted to dive down there....not really possible with my ears though I'm afraid. Chronic ear-infection kid with tubes...20 feet gets to me pretty damn bad, so do airplanes. lol

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Costa Rica is freaking great. I'll let u know about hawaii in March when I get there lol.

kelbri

by kelbri

Where in Costa Rica did you go? We prefer to stay off the west coast. The more I look into it (for pricing reasons) the more I think we will have to go to the Dominican Republic. The nice thing is that there are flights that go direct from Regina to there and Jamaca. None that go direct to Nassau, which means layover and more expensive. Not that the Dominican is a bad place...

diving/snorkleing spots

4 posts