starting new tank

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

That will work beautifully with soft corals. I had one for a 6 months and I wish I had it back. Hell of a good light. I would get koralia powerheads....they have the magnet thats super sweet they pull 6 watts and they push a LOT of water. :) best bang for your buck for sure! sounds like you have a good start.

mralanjones

by mralanjones

how big of power heads would i need for a 55 gallon and how many. can you tell me were to place them in my aquarium. thanks for the help.

mralanjones

by mralanjones

also what kind of skimmer. there is a corallife 65 skimmer that I was looking ar

fihsboy

by fihsboy

coralife is good. but loud and will overflow. If you are putting it in your sump....it will work awesome. Blue may disagree with me here....but I like the remora pro. I just hooked up a mag drive to mine and it works amazingly. Pulls skimmate like crazy. Has no way to overflow, so its optimal. Red sea prism i have heard good things about too. Personally....I would put at least two Koralia 2 powerheads in there. They have STRONG magnets so you dont have to worry about that......and they push a lot. Maybe a Koralia 2 on one side and a 3 on the other. Put them in the corners of your tank and let them push towards the middle of the front pane of glass. No deadspots if you do it like this.

starting new tank

14 posts • Page 2 of 2