normal or disaster

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

normal or disaster

by blueshoes2208

i woke up this morning and found this........... normal or what..... by the time i posted this he was 3/4 spread out like normal.
f3821-100_2868.JPG

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok so the pic didnt work but he had all of his little bubble things inside his like tree trunk thing and it looked lke he was inside out, is htat how he sleeps??

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

could be acclimating still.................might not like where he's sitting..................how are your parameters? nems can be sensative to changes ..............if he was in 1.021 water and you put him in 1.025 he miht be in shock...................i don't think inside out is a good thing, keep an eye on him, don't mess with it to much it will just add more stress

how did you aclimate it to your tank ?? 2-3 hour drip i hope ??

newbie916

by newbie916

Hey blueshoes,

It sounds like your anemone is just taking a crap or just changing out his water. My rose bubble tip does it at least once a day. They usually open up their mouths and shrink up, when they take a crap since they don't have assholes. My clown usually keep mine pretty clean and pulls out all of the slimy crap. As long as he's attached to the rock still, he should go back to normal in the next few hours. I freaked the first time I saw mine do that too. That's what it sounds like, but it would be good to check your water. They're particularly sensitive to water parameters.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

shiza........ ok well now im pretty concerned.... i put him in a little bit more waterflow and aabout 8 inches higher on a rock i dont havea phosphate or copper test kit but all the normal tests have been fine, ph 8.3, nitrites 0, ammonias slightly more than zero as always and hten my consistent nitrate level of 10 or so. I tried feeding him late last night before i turned the light off with frozen krill, im not exactly sure to how to feed it as the krill is semi boyant or so, his tenticles, or whatever, grab it for a few seconds and then it jus kinda floats off with the current. I must note that i did not do a 2-3 hour drop acclimation, i floated him for about an hour and thats it. :/ keep the help rollin i dont wanna lose my 60$ anenome

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

also note that my black and white oscellaris is staying away from it. Bubble tip and oscellaris compatable right??? ugh.... startin to stress me out as much as the nem

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

no guarentee on the "compatability" thing.............your clown may host him or he may not ..................

it sounds like Schigara has a pretty good handle on advise for you in the other post .............i just want to stress doing correct acclimations ........especially on inverts like nems................2-3 hours minimum ---- 1/2 - 2 hours on fish depending on species - - -go to wet web media nad search acclimations

Boss

normal or disaster

7 posts