White Film???

5 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

nighthawk2207

White Film???

by nighthawk2207

I starting too see a white film looking stuff sticking to the glass on the inside of the tank what is that??

nighthawk2207

by nighthawk2207

There's nothing floating at the top either it is just on the inside of the glass. an i don't know how to edit a post it keeps telling me to specify a subjsect when theres no place too, stupid......

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hmmm. my freshwater 2.5 has it.......it was just build up. Did you put sand in your tank? It could just be an inbalance in ph....causing a white film or build up on your glass. Get a mag float.....should scrub right off.

nighthawk2207

by nighthawk2207

i did have sand but i took it out kuz it looked dirty all the time an was just a pain all together, looked better but up keep was crazy. i put some ph tablets to get the ph down to 7 kuz it was up over 8.2 then i added some freshwater salt kuz i read its better for you tank i put that in there in less than 24 hours i got build up on my glass i should of kept it simple instead of doing all these different things.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha its just a build up of your stuff. Probably a little bit of everything. Change one variable at a time......that way you know what the problem is. :)

White Film???

5 posts