new catagory

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

should there be a new catagory for biotope tanks

yes
46%
no
54%

Total votes : 13

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I used to have a (golf course) tank. I had a freswater tank with just some tetras and feeders....threw in some golfballs it had plants and a mud based bottom. It also had some tee's in it. It was cool.......but I couldnt stand the upkeep with the plants and the CO2, I just didnt get it.....So now I have a reef...and to me its easier.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

reef easier than planted....... really?

cichlidfan

by cichlidfan

You had a vision and created a biotope. If you had thrown a couple of sunfish and a large mouth bass in it it would have been a Florida golf course pond. LOL

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha. honestly........I think it is. I couldnt control algae outbreaks in my planted.....it started to really pi@# me off. I had a planted for a year.....I could never get the algae to go away. So i took a swing at saltwater......I didnt have algae in it for probably 6 months......now its being controlled by my refuge....so no biggie. I get a small outbreak here and there. but nothing major. I would have loved to put a bass in my fresh water...but it was only a 15 gallon tank. :) Small tank. After the planted got to be a hassle....i thought about getting turtles....haha. Glad I didnt. Went to the local reef shop.......talked to the guys, bought stuff here and there and fell in love! my next tank will be a saltwater planted tank. :) That should be cool. a few soft corals gorgonias pipefish and seahorses........saltwater marsh. :)

cichlidfan

by cichlidfan

I had a reef tank for a while , We must have a lot of phosphates in our water . I had a horrible green hair algae outbreak and had to go buy an ro filter. Then the kids came I couldn't convince the wife we could afford the livestock . Back to African cichlids the poor guys reef aquarium !!!

new catagory

15 posts • Page 2 of 2