overflow/sump?

12 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

vwfan79

by vwfan79

I have been following some of you post fishboy, I read what happened, that sucks, and scars me. I plan to test and retest whole system out of tank before installing, trying my best to safegaurd it. But I know something that can happen usually will, sooner or later, just try my best to avoid it. Been doing alot of reading and have seen lots of horror storys, but still want to try.
Glad to see you stuck with it fishboy and thanks for all the help and info guys.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

some simple egg crate will help a ton. I got 15 of my snails and put them in my overflow after I installed the egg crate......I figured if there was a way they could get through it 15 of them could figure it out. success. I will post pictures this week, possilby tomorrow. My problem is I dont have teeth on my overflow....because i broke my actual overflow and fixed it with a specimen container.....skims amazingly.......but I ran into the snail problem. I wedged the egg crate deep enought to make it double as a frag rack. :) I have a small piece of coral in there now and its looking better than it was, Its getting insane turnover and prime lighting, so its somewhat optimal... After yesterdays overhaul my system has never looked better. My mom even noticed it.......and she doesnt EVER notice my tank. I dont mean to scare anyone thats just getting in.......but damn please be careful. We have hardwood floors, and I have to pay to get a few of the slats fixed due to warping. ugh. I have a friend that does it for living and hes going to do it for the cost of.....a colony of blue zoas. :) w/e i have two. :)

overflow/sump?

12 posts • Page 2 of 2