Dead Fish Situation

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Rodrick

by Rodrick

I did some investigation and tested the water and everything came out 100% water wise. So I spoke to the Pet Shop owner about any possibilities. HELL ITS GOOD TO HAVE SOMEONE IN THE INDUSTRY THAT IS INTERESTED!!!!
We went through all the scenarios and eventually came to the conclusion that due to the fact that I was away and no one was in the house for a period of time no doors and windows were opened and this obviously raised the temp of the room and as a result the water warmed up oxygen levels dropped fish got weak and either died themselves or were taken out by the other fish. The warmer water obviously rasises metabolism and also would cause the fish to get more aggressive. As it is my home is very warm (lots of windows and gets all day sun, wooden floors ect) and I don't need to use a heater to keep my water warm so coupled with curtains and blinds drawn windows and doors closed and some of the warmest weather we have had upto 35*C the fish cooked. Other thing I did before going on holiday was reposition the spray bar below the water level and this did not help the cause as the positioning of it above the water agitates the water causing more oxygen and assists in keeping the temp down slightly
I've checked the water and it was rather high close on 30*C And this is after I have been home for a few days opened windows doors ect So I have taken the canopy off opened up all the windows and doors and cooling the room and water down
SO YOU LIVE AND YOU LEARN
Thanx for all the feedback and info

Bigfish0016124

by Bigfish0016124

Use your siphon for cleaning out the tank to take out the dead fish.

BellaAndEdward

by BellaAndEdward

Wow... I hate it when fish die. I had 1 die today. It had been floating around on it's side, but it's mouth/gills had been moving. i tried to feed it a pea as a laxative, but it wouldn't eat it!!!!! I feel sorry 4 u. I hope you find the other 2 fish! Try moving the rocks a little bit, or taking the other 18 fish out of the tank untill you find the 2. thats all the advice I've got 4 u. Sorry. R.I.P. O.J.! I'LL MISS YOU LIL GUY!

mro2you2

by mro2you2

uh this was bout a year ago.

jdak702

by jdak702

more than that...

jdak702

by jdak702

more than that... this is the weirdest forum... how did i end up here.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

lol I thought " wow some of my buddies came back!" till I found out this was more then a year old.....

Dead Fish Situation

17 posts • Page 2 of 2