Did my fish store screw me over?

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

OK...So i have been going to the same fish store for probably 2 years now. I love it, they just won't let you buy anything, if they don't think it will benefit your tank or if a fish is too aggressive, they wont let you buy it. But just recently they had 2 Emperor angles there. One moved around the tank, and ate the mysis shrimp like it was nothing, while the other did not. So I have been wanting this fish for a while, and decided to get the one that was more active and ate. Once I got him in my tank he seemed very happy, swimming all around the tank. That night however, I looked at him a little closer. It turns out that he has whole in the head. So the next day I called up the store and they said that it was given to them by a pervious customer that tore down their tank. So my fish store sold me a fish with disease on it, without telling me, and without any discount. Now I know I should of inspected the fish a little more, but do you think I got cheated out a little?

schigara

by schigara

Yes and no. Buyer beware. It is ultimately the end users responsibility.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

yeah, i am going to my best to help this little guy out. I have 4 different kinds of food for him. Apparently the previous owner wasn't taking good care of his fish because he also dropped off a yellow tang and apparently he has lost most of his color. The store is not selling that one until he gets better.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

j - how far away are you from this store?

schig- how do u know so much about this stuff/ where do you work?

schigara

by schigara

blueshoes,

No matter what I am interested in, I go at it full steam and learn everything I can. I am a voracious reader.

My first love is auto restoration and modification. My work......I am actually a co manager of a self storage company with my mom since my dad passed away last year from cancer.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

i am about 30 minutes away from the store.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

i would suggest a stern talking to. In agreement with schigara BUYER BEWARE, but on the other hand, being a regular loyal customer, they should have been a little more honest with u.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

i agree in one sence. but i have worked in a pet store before when thay it trade ins there olny loking for externel parisits if you had to look rthat close to see hole in the head there is a good chance the looked over it. and as long as you start to give it a realy good diet i have seen it start to heal. it is caused from vitamen defishince. good luck man

littlej2455

by littlej2455

yeah i have been putting extra vitamin C to the mysis shrimp. Im trying.

9 posts