Tada.... The Possible cube tank build thread

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Should I do It

Yes
71%
No
14%
Dude Just Do It Because It Looks Like You Board
14%

Total votes : 7

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

lol yeah im starting to see that im getting out of control at least i dont want another reef tank

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

all i got to say is that its better than being on crack ................................no?

lol

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I dont know boss.........crack might be cheaper....

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

you could buy alot of crack with the money we spend but then we would not have jobs so and would not have the money so i agree with it better than crack.... i think all the neck scratching would get annoying too

Tien6079

by Tien6079

I am actually considering making another tank myself. This one would be a small fresh water tank. I actually want to build a nice tank with seperate compartments to house male bettas. I have come up with a few designs to allow for filtration and to provide a minimum of a half gallon per betta. I actually want to build it into a cabinet and make it a nice piece of furniture and a proper home for my fish. My question is, how do you work with acrylic? Cutting it is a pain and what do you use to bond it? I hear silicone works for glass only.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

well cutting you have to be exact or your screwed and silicone does only work for glass suck on acrylic. your best bet is planing the pieces that you need (sides, bottom, and all others) add up totals and call up a plastics company (near rochester laird plastics ) have them cut the pieces and most of the time they will have weldon (i recommend weldon 3 its like water ) and an applicator. weld on is on line too. heres a few great links

http://www.melevsreef.com/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT6Ow_cBTps

Tada.... The Possible cube tank build thread

16 posts • Page 2 of 2