Is it really worth it?

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

littlej2455

Is it really worth it?

by littlej2455

I have been looking in getting a Sohal Tang. If you have not researched them before, they are an easy tang to take care of. However, these tangs are really rare. Since these tangs are hard to find, they are expensive. My LFS would sell me a medium size tang for $120. Is that too much for a tang? Has anybody heard of people having this fish? I really think that it would be a nice addition, but I just want to make sure that it is worth all that money. What do y'all think?

schigara

by schigara

I abstain due to past experience.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Even though I've yet to dive into SW..there are species of FW fish that are just as rare and spendy. My opinion is that you're only going to gain so much happiness from a fish itself. Some of my 'un-rarest' fish make me happiest. My dwarf puffers for example. They cost almost nothing, they're ugly as hell, but they have such a great personality they're by far my faves.

Second up are my GBR"s which are gorgeous and cost a staggering $15 (I know huh) which also have personality but once again aren't rare.

So I guess its just all in how far you want to go for bragging rights because thats all I really see rarity as unless you're breeding rare fish...

Again, just my opinion.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

well live aquaria is selling them for around 165$ so it is a good price and you know that can git over a foot in size right. but in my eyes you can git a realy nice queen angel for a little cheaper and i think thay are one of the nicest looking of the larger reef fish.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

yeah I have been also looking at the queen angel and a blue face angel. What do yall think?

littlej2455

by littlej2455

alright so I couldnt resist, I order the sohal tang today. I got it for a good price. It is a medium size for only 100 bucks. I have a 20% off coupon too, so that always helps.

Is it really worth it?

6 posts