RECOMMENDATION!! inline heaters vs glass in-tank heaters

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

particlejams

by particlejams

I cant say enough about the HYDOR ETH inline heaters...The best benefit is no tank clutter or broken glass (Oscars anyone?) but im really amazed at the consistant temp that they seem to hold ( stays between 78.4 and 78.6 F) no temp swings at all !!! East to set the temp too unlike an in-tank heater ! I have 2x 200 w on my 125 gal but my friend has had the same success with 1x 300w on his 125....Anyone else have thoughts on these heaters?

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

how long have you had them? I was actually thinking about getting one for my 30gal to use in-line with my rena xp1. Do they seal well on the hose with clamps? I really can't afford any leaks, only reason id' have a second thought about using one.

Also I've bought two hydor heaters...a theo 50w and their 'mini heater', and a hydor ario bubbler. all 3 broke within months. My renas have worked for over a year so far. I hope the ETH is a bit more reliable...

heh, having looked at their website I see they have nothing under 200w, which is really overkill for any tanks I have.

2 posts