2.5 frag tank

20 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

i would like to see a zoa that is worth more than $50 a polyp...

srsly...

i understand some LPS being $90+ an inch... but srsly...

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I'd skip the damsel idea as well.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

50 bucks/polyp? Hmmmmm.......

fihsboy

by fihsboy

True Blue zoa's are pretty pricey and pink are as well. I have both......and I want to grow em big and then throw a few pieces in my 2.5. Heres the deal........my buddy at the reef shop..the owner...has a bunch of random polyps floatin in his tank. He said he would give me 6 for a buck. So ima use the 2.5 with 20 watts of light on it........to attach these to a rock and come out with a nice 3x4 inch colony. I also picked up a killer hairy shroom today that is highlighter green and punch me pink. 10 bucks. and its about to split. I was thinking about running one of those in my tank. I had two damsels in the 2.5 at one point......and they did fine. But they werent crazy about it.........as far as money goes..........the 2.5 was 12 bucks......a 10 gallon is 11 bucks......Its not an issue of money. I like a challenge. And I want a frag tank on my nightstand. I was thinking about building a actual frag tank.........I just got a new stand from my grandmothers house that my grandfather built.......its 10 feet long by 3 feet wide......Its sick. So I was thinking about setting up a fragging tank on that........the length of the stand with acrylic. I might take bosses Idea and build a plywood tank......with a acrylic front. Lets see what Santa brings......and maybe Ill get enough money for a decent frag tank. The real issue is.......will I get an RO unit......so I can keep a frag tank and my display without having to pay a buck a gallon for saltwater. And if your paying 50 bucks a polyp.......your insane. I got a gorgeous purple people eater 5 polpys for 35 bucks......and thats way to much. 7 bucks a polyp is insane enough for me.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

....."Its not an issue of money. I like a challenge".
My man, my man. GO FOR IT!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

What kinda lighting should I go for? Water changes are only going to need to be done once a month....if I dont feed. If I feed Ill probably go with once a weak. maybe half a gallon.

gumbii

by gumbii

the priciest polyps i got are my purple deaths... they were $10 a polyp... everything else was cheap...

i know ricordea's yumas are concidered polyps, but the reality is that they are Corallimorpharians and not any kind of 'anthids...

my bubble gum monster was expensive... that was $120 a square inch... damn...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

ALKQWEOJ:LKJAS:LKDJ :LKJA:KFJ:LKSJDF:LKJSD:FLKJSD:LFKJ!@!~~!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yes thats right.....I said it! The ocean pisses me off. There are WAAAAAY to many names for corals. Why cant they name them cool green incrusting sponge....or branching coral with blue ends. Everything is scientificly named......and honestly..........when I started my reef.......It was VERY intimidating....because i knew NOTHING about any of it. Scientific names are scary!

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

sexy gangsta ass pirate ninja ----------> my scientific name...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

YES! what color is it? :)

2.5 frag tank

20 posts • Page 2 of 2