does anyone know how to adjust the seaclone 100 skimmer?

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

andre3983

by andre3983

thanks man ill try that!

nicholas542

by nicholas542

not a prob all i did was add the gang valve, and shorten the collection cup tube. Mine works like a champ.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

this is what I would do........I would take it off your tank and throw it away. I have never heard anything good about these skimmers. in all honesty you could probably do better with a nano skimmer than the seaclone. I would drop the cash and get a aqua C with a maxi jet.....or if you dont mind a larger pump.....a coralife super skimmer. The biggest difference between the two...the Aqua C is small and has no way to flood......where the Coralife pulled out an insane amount of gunk...but it flooded a lot.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

Have you ever used one fihsboy ? Mine works better than other skimmers I had, and it was about half the price. All you have to do is make some minor alterations to them. Personally I like improving on products that I buy theres always a way to make something more efficient then it was designed to be. Mines coming out of the tank and going into my 20 gallon long sump here pretty soon. If anyone has good suggestions on sump stuff please feel free to share. I got all the parts in a DIY kit on Ebay. I'm using my TOM's surface skimmer, and 1000 GPH return pump so far.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

Why would he want to run a nano skimmer in a 55 gallon tank ? The seaclone 100 is designed for almost twice the tank he has.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I wouldnt put a seaclone on my tank.....and its a 29 gallon. If you plan on keeping corals.....or sps in particular.....I wouldnt put the seaclone on a 20 gallon. Im not a fan of the design but in all honesty.....and this applies to every part of life......You get what you pay for. I found it out the hard way. I bought a coralife super skimmer.....and yeah it skimmed great......but it was brittle.....and it overflowed at least once a week. It was just a head ache and almost made me change my mind about saltwater. I did my research.....found that what I have now....cant overflow and I switched. After I went skimmerless for two months....I made the switch to my Aqua C. and I love it. If you put a body kit on a Civic to make it look nicer.... it will look nicer.......but it will still perform like a civic.........if you buy an audi........it will perform like an audi.

does anyone know how to adjust the seaclone 100 skimmer?

17 posts • Page 2 of 2