Water Cabbages

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

ChristinaBug2890

Water Cabbages

by ChristinaBug2890

or water lettuce...whatever you would like to call it. How do i make this stuff grow back once its half frozen-ish? I rescued some from work and its looking pretty mushy. Its sitting in some bins with a bit of water in my basement and im can install a pond powerhead type thing to keep the water moving slightly if that would be good. I plan to try and save it then pond it in the spring.
b3e3c-Watter lettuce.jpg

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

i am pretty sure that water lettuce is a high light plant, so that would be the first thing i would make sure of., make sure you have a good light source, and then you will probally wanna try and pull off all the "dying" leaves and the same with the roots if there are any that look rotten i would pull thoes off to and, i would go out and grab some pete moss to and throw it in the bins you are keep them in, not the expensive aqyariun crap though hyst go to walmart or something you can get like a 20lb bag for 6 bucks or something like that, peate moss has a lote of organic matter in it so it is great for plants, and if you are not keep any fish in there you might even try mericale gorw or something......

Water Cabbages

2 posts