Doubt in water Cycling:
CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG :
After setting up the tank and filling with water, THE LIGHTS ARE OFF, THE SKIMMER AND THE KORIALA are ON :
1) I put a dead fish inside for 2 days for the bacterias to grow
2) Not to touch the tank for 3 months and wait till the NITROGEN, AMMONIA, NITRATE, NITRITE Cycle to Finish.
3) My tank wil be filled with Green and Red ALGAE now, I leave them for a week time and they die off making my tank ready for the 1st LIVEHOOD ? (shrimps and hermit crabs)
4) Change 50% of water and Put the Hermit carbs or shrimps and turn on the LIGHT
5) add the 1st fish after a week
6) Change 10G every month
IF there is anything wrong in the procedure, please correct me !!
Doubt in water Cycling
Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:50 pm