moving 2times in the next 6 months

5 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

long story short..... i effort to save about 4 grand gonna be moving 2 times in the next 6 or so months, one of them just being temporary, but my question is
with my tank being as established as it is all of the plants are verry well rooted, and growing great.
Now i dont know how well they would fair being moved so many times in such a short period.
Should i just break it completely down sell off all the flora and fauna and just wait to set it all back up again untill i am in a permanent place? which i do not want to do ......
or make the moves with it and risk possibly loosing alot of plants.....

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

or do you think everything would pull through both moves....?

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

as long as your low-light plants like anubias/ferns/moss/marimo balls are receiving even a hint of daylight everyday and kept in some filtered water you won't lose them for a long time...the rest is probably a 50/50 chance depending on the nature of your 'temporary' move. As for the moving time itself if its gonna take a lot more than 72 hours and the tank will be in a moving truck or something blacked out well, there's a good chance the low-lights will still make it but the rest is doubtful.

I don't want to advise you on what to do with your livestock without knowing time tables in a bit more detail but chances are you won't get back what you paid for them, even in store credit..
has something to do with that whole...''i'd love to get ripped off from a retailer rather than someone selling things personally.'' factor. =P

I'd make every effort to hang onto them, I'm sure there's a way.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

well the move its self would still be in the same town soo it could all be done within a day
and yes i would like to try and hang on to everything, but i would really hate and go through the effort and endup still loosing the most of it......

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

you got a friend or family member you could move the tank to one time and then into the final place when you get there?? that would eliminate one move for you - -i don't know the entire situation, but is it possable to park the tank at the final destination right now whileyou wait to move in? then it'll be there

Boss

5 posts