how far is to far?????

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

ok so i have a question of you on a set up like that...... what happens if you loose power?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i guess I'm not understanding the question a1? it is basically the same as any other tank w/sump set up, just larger, so the principles of stop and starting will be the same only with larger quanities of water

Delta - - I'm a business owner {fed tax ID, etc etc} so I'm hopeing that won't be a problem ....I'm actually interested in a lot of their equipment, since I started putting pond/fountain kits in for some of my customers, I'm starting to get some interest in larger, higher end systems that the kits at Lowes just won't handle, so they might be able to become a supplier to me

Boss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

looks like the 55RLT will do what i need eh?

30 foot head @ 20GPM {1200gph}
if i go over 200 gallons i will need two of them - - - i think im going to use two over flows, so could actually set up two sump systems and returns, that would add ease of servicing and make the system double redundant in the event of a failure in the system I will have a full system still running

320.00 bucks isn't bad for a monster pump like that

Boss

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

jesus now that is a pump.....

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

er er er er er {tim the tool man voice}

lol

fihsboy

by fihsboy

dude you may as well hook up a scwd to both pumps.....give you the wave effect and get rid of other junk that you dont need. Im coming to see that as well. Thats amazing. I would deffinatly go with a pool pump....due to energy costs....pool pumps cost more initailly....but in the long run will save you money and they can handle up to around 70 feet in head pressure. of course thats lateral.....so probably 35-40 vertical head. you could get two scwd's and run four out puts to get some insanely random currents in your tank. Thats a dream set up boss! But what about power outages? are you going to put in a nice LARGE generator for the whole house?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i do have a genpak for the house already..............

i'm thinking about getting a water feature pond {the black PVC liners you just burry} and use it for a sump. a couple Jacuzzi filters, there was a post a while back about useing a pool/hottub sand type filters {fluidized sand filter on steroids,lol} then i couls set up ares for rock, fuge, gravity the water through media into the pool , auto top off from a raised 50 gallon poly tank - - - -oh the dreams go on and on ...........lol

as far as a Squid goes, i could just alternate pumps and get the same effect.......although start/stop surges would play hell on the electric bill and the pumps..............

I'm on the drawing board now trying to figure out all the bypasses i want, check valves, i have an e-mail t my old boss out in Kansas inquireing about solinoid check valves ............power lose and the whole system just halts, power comes back on and everything continues, no loseing prime, air issues etc - - still in the design phase

thank-you everyone for ideas and thoughts, keep em comin

Boss

how far is to far?????

18 posts • Page 2 of 2