Another African issue

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dizzcat

Another African issue

by dizzcat

Geez, I haven't posted this much in ages!!

Sometimes I wonder if I should just put a couple big rocks in my African cichlid tank and leave it mostly empty. It seems lately I never see them! I look over and you would swear there is no fish at all in that tank! Once in awhile you will see a head peak out, or they will come out once a day to eat.

But every time I remove all the rocks and clean they play like crazy! They swim all over, they don't fight, the males dig pits and vibrate to the females. It is the only time I can get a good look at everyone to make sure all is well!

What do you all think? Should I try it mostly empty or would that be a disaster in the making?

The only thing they fight over is a couple caves that are the best ones. That is why I am trying the PVC pipes, so all caves are equal.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

LMAO! I put the PVC pipe in, lined them up all in a row and covered them with big flat rocks to keep them from coming loose. It looks stupid as hell but the fish love it! There is one pipe for each fish. My son looked over and saw all the fish lined up in a row looking out of the pipes and burst out laughing! hahaha They are swimming in and out of them and all over. Maybe knowing they each have one is helping them swim more freely?

Tomorrow, after the water clears from the cleaning, I will take a pick. Give you all a good laugh! :-D

Another African issue

2 posts