DIY cartridge for water

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

ouch.....yeah it probably would. I guess you would have to really check the filters and run some tests before you threw it on your tank. I would think though.......it being a drinking water filter....its made to do that. These are whole house filters....which may do it too. I was reading that they are made to get mostly sediment,sand, and metals out of the water. as well as some of the chlormines, cholorine, and silica. So im thinking...if it gets all that out....would it let the salt go through it?

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

hmmmm.... well i dont know. but when i cam to work today i was looking at the one we have on out pepsi machiene here and i thought of an ingenious idea for planted tanks. Soda machienes have what is called a carbonator hooked to them. whitch does what the name suggests it carbonates the water so your soda is nice and fizzy.... now if you could hook one of thoes up to a planted tank for your Co2 injection i think it would do a hell of alot better job than any diffuser wout that.... mond you it would be loud as shit......and i am not quite sure how you would hook it up so it would only do a certin amount of water and not the whole tank..... that would be bad.. but if you could get it to work it would be a pretts sweet deal.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hmmm options now. Not only could you filter the water......but you could inject co2 with these bad boys......we might be getting somewhere with this. you could always do a control valve to the last cartridge with the CO2 and make it react very slowly in the chamber...with a slow water current. im not familiar with CO2 in freshwater tanks. I tried the tabs.....and it didnt work with my 15 gallon planted....all that happend was my water turned green and my fish died.

DIY cartridge for water

13 posts • Page 2 of 2