cleaning a filter sock

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

cleaning a filter sock

by fihsboy

Okay.........how do i do it? I have been rinsing them with water and storing them in a bag so they stay clean and contaiment free....better ideas?

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

nylon or cotten?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

its felt and nylon. I through one in the washer machine today..........with not detergent..........it just came out pretty nice.......but it still had some crap on it.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

what we do at the fish store is put the bags in bleach water thay come out white and clean. and there is nothing to harm the fish we do it with the show tank there.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i was gonna say............i think Pimp washers his with his underware..........lol

seriously

fihsboy

by fihsboy

what about the detergent though...... How do you get the bleach out? just wondering. I mean i through it on a rinse cycle in my washer machine and it took 15 minutes and it was like new.....It just didnt pull out a few larger particles.........but the staining was gone.......and it smelled decent too. Also.......how often do you guys change these things? I have changed it four times in the last three days......first day it was only on there about 4 hours and it was a nasty brown...(im having a hair algae problem) now its taking a little longer.....I guess it just needs time to get the water nice and clean.

cleaning a filter sock

6 posts