so i made a mess...

15 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gumbii

so i made a mess...

by gumbii

i got two red fire fish for my tank, and they were getting punked by my two remaining damselfish... a two stripe and a yellow tail... so i said "F" this... and decided to do something about it...

i started by taking out all of my reef and placing it into the refugium... all of them... then i took out all of my live rock in two rubbermaid containers... i made a huge mess of everything... i had to take my four nem's off of their rocks... so i took them out, and placed them in the 45g tank in my room... my roomate's tank... so he's happy with them... lol... they will be easier to take out in that smaller tank with less rock...

anyways... i placed the rock back in... i love my tank ALOT more now... i took time to arrange all of my rocks and corals... and now the fire fish come out everyday for like an hour a day... lol... sucks really...

but i have no more damsels... YAY...

that is all...

discuss...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Sweet dude! Glad it turned out for the better! Re arranging rock helps a lot sometimes. Its an art being able to do it. post some pics!!!

gumbii

by gumbii

like i said on the other thread...

i don't think my tank is ready... i'll put a horrible teaser pic from my cell phone right now... hold on...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/gumbii/fay0015.jpg[/IMG]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... ay0015.jpg

this was before all of the moving and the damsels are still in there... it's a camera phone pic... so yeah...

i'm rocking a 250W 20,000K XM bulb on a magnetic ballast... i know it's fail... but that's just for now...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Sounds solid to me. I think it looks awesome. What size tank is that again? Rocks look solid though. Good work!

gumbii

by gumbii

it's a 90g... like a 180 but cut in half... 3'x2'x2' i guess... lol... i have a 45g refugium with 30g in it...

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

dang gumbii how much rock you got in there ?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Lucky ass. I want a tank like that SOOOO BAD but I cant afford it..........AND i have no where to put it. Your refuge is bigger than my display. :( (Jealous)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

<<<<< bumpin the 20 long ..........lol

they call me mini pimpin

LMAO

schigara

by schigara

Gumbi, the best advice I ever got about my tank was to leave it alone. This was from the owner of one of my LFS's. I would go in everyday or every other day asking advice on what had just happened. He finally told me the truth by saying, "you are the problem!"

I was doing a bunch of second guessing on fish, coral, light, food and water parameters. He basically told me to leave it the fuck alone and I did. I havent moved a rock in 9 months and everything else is on a loose regimen. My skin never comes in contact with the tank water and I never make any hasty changes anymore. The kalk drips and I only check ca, alk and mag once a month and they are always where they should be. I check nitrates every other month and always at zero(thanks to a Xenia Scrubber).

The tank is literally on cruise control. It took a ton of reading and hands on experience and is finally the tank I wanted all along. Other than feeding every other day, I can not think about the tank for a week or more at a time.

gumbii

by gumbii

um... i have like 200lbs of live rock... i think... lol...

i don't move stuff around... my tank is uber stable right now and didn't have like a mini cycle or anything... all of my corals are growing and thriving...

i'm uploading some pics right now on photobucket but they aren't really recent... you still didn't have my super ricordeas and other rare frags of crap...

hold on...

so i made a mess...

15 posts • Page 1 of 2