Won My new Sump on Ebay !!!!

10 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

I just won the Rapids Pro PS4 surface skimmer sump like Snowboss has. I just got it for $ 81.00 it's got the 4 gallon auto top-off. I'm super stoker i'll finally have a sump, and a mangrove refugium :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

im super pissed..................i paid 120 for the PS3 and you got the PS4 for 80 bucks ???? ...............damn it!!!!!!

lol, congrats man!!! ......im hopin mine shows up today and tonight i'll be doing the switch over, i can't wait

Boss

nicholas542

by nicholas542

Yeah I ate waiting for people to ship stuff on ebay, but I guess it's like waiting for Christmas.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

nice way to one up boss LOL. Sorry boss hey at least your not me and have some one out bid you on the last second every time I bid

snowboss

by snowboss

lol.......ive had that happen so many times that i only "buy it now" that prolly why Nicholas got such a good deal on his, he's got more patience and more luck than me, lol - - -so now i have to go out and pay another 90 bucks just toget where he is for 80...............................damm....................

{boss hangs his head in shame}

lmao

good job Nicholas............i hope yours comes faster than mine

Boss

nicholas542

by nicholas542

Hopefully I'm getting really anxious now it's like waiting to get you're income tax return back.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i got my sump yesterday, woohoo.................man that thing is huge, i thinkit might even be a bit large for a 20 gallon tank but we'll have to wait and see

the reason we'll have to wait is my dumb ass read the directions and measured the hose running from the overflow to the sump and cut it according to the directions .....................only to find out and figure out that it was already cut as short as it could go ...............it's a corigated hose {like a swimming pool type} and the corigated part doesn't fit over the hose barbs on the sump and overflow box . . . . . .duh, it's used, why wouldn't it already be cut ..................lol

so i cleaned out the stand and got it all situated in there and i have to run to lowes or someplace like that and find some 1 1/8 ID tubing to get the drain as straight as possable

other than that , this thing looks like it's going to be an awsome filter - - - i feel like im in a race with nicholas to get it up and running....lol

oh and the auto fill wouldn't fit under my stand anyway..........hows that for self justification, LMAO

Boss

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well.............i finally found some tubing that would work, had to put some teflon tape on one fitting to get it to seal tight..................but the new rapids pro wet/dry is up and running !!!!! - - pretty much started right up, i cycled the power a couple times and it picks prime right back up like it says...................IMO it's a little on the noisy side but i had an HOB filter and a prizm skimmer before and they run pretty quiet so i'll just have to get used to this set up.....................only thing i need to do is replace the wood air stone in the skimmer, or the air pump for it, the bubbles are huge and it's not working properly right now, but it is used so the air stone might be messed up from drying out when it was taken out of use in it's last home........

i took the media and carbon out of the HOB and added more media and another carbon bag to it - - - i plan on getting rid of the ceramic all together and putting live rock rubble in there {or dos it require light to be of any benifeit??????}

my HOB filter was so big {about 20 inches long on the back} that i didn't realise how much light it blocked....woo hoo the tank she's bright now.................i'll get some pics when everything calms down and im done tweeking it

Boss

nicholas542

by nicholas542

I didn't get my sump today but my 7 red mangroves arived for my homade refugium. I put them in my Marinland Penguin 200 filter, behind the filtering element. I'll test the water for nitrates here in a couple days hopfully they will be untraceable.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

Hey Snowboss can you post a good closeup pic of the sump portion of the filter so I can get a better reference to see if it will fit under my stand

10 posts