a few pics

40 posts • Page 3 of 4

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

dude just run up to home depot spend 8 bucks and get a daylight bulb. I have two daylight bulbs on my tank right now with a white actnic VHO and a blue actnic VHO so all together im running 190 watts over my tank. I could be running 4 75 watt VHO's........more power isnt the answer.......unless your ready for insane acclimation times with corals and fish. get a nice metal halide or Vho set up. T5's are pretty nice too. you could get away with 4 watts to a gallon with any of those, and house any coral you want.........and not bleach the hell out of it.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well that light is a metal halide / t5 combo, looking at the calendar now its taking 4-5 months to get my tank set up haha so i dont htink time is an issue

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well if it fits your tank, go for it man.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

youre not going to break down your tank are you? do you live by yourself or what?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I sold all my corals, got 120 bucks for them...And for 5 corals......thats not too bad. my lfs loves me........he knows I will be back next week to buy more crap ...I have a REALLY bad case of diatom right now. literally about 15 times as bad as yours. ALL my rocks are dark brown and hairy. something had to have died....of course my lfs got sold....and when the owners switched (the new owner is a lot cooler!!!)......i had to mix my own water for three weeks, well problem with that is.....i was using tap water and prime to declorinate it...well my tank isnt used to crap water.......so it reacted with nasty algae. I started running carbon again :( and its starting to go away. I REALLY dont like running chemicals of any type.......but they work pretty well to get some stuff out. Im keeping everything like it is for now.......until my stand is done. I have to level it off with leveling casters.......and paint it. Im still living at home with my mom and grandma......shes 83 and I take care of her pretty much. my mom goes out of town on business a ton! So its just me and my gma most of the time. Im making my stand bullet proof...nailing and glueing all joints, and im going to put 8 casters on the bottom so its nice and sturdy. everything is going to be hardlined.......except the return to the tank....thats dumb to hard line your pump because it will burn it out. You live by yourself?

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

nah dude i want to so bad though although im smart enough to understand how hard it would be living by yourself.... i really want either a newer car or my own place, i can easily afford one of them but both might be a stretch with groceries and stuff. I can pick up a 1 bed apartment over here for like 390- 420 mo. I kinda wanna move out because i live in a town that is 15 minutes outside of lubbock which is about 230,000 ppl and its a pain having to drive that far for even the littest things. I live with my mom btw i guess i didnt clarify that. She is 55 and disabled.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well it doesnt hurt that you live with her then, if shes disabled. Im going to live at home through college until I get a chance to start my life out. Im working at kohls and they have already told me that they want to make me full time and put me through manager training. BUT I dont want to yet......im still in school. Obviously I would have to be a supervisor first and then go from there....but its a nice option. I know that my 04 assistant manager makes over 100 a year.......only because he left walgreens as a store manager to come to kohls......as an assistant manager.......sounds like he was made a nice offer. Im weighing oppurtunities now, my car payment kills me every month.......after I get that paid off.....i may move. That 400 bucks a month is killing me though. specially when thats half my pay and I have fish tank bills. haha. Finished my stand up tonight.....I pretty much have it balanced and level. yay! All thats left is to paint. and drill the overflow hole, run the pipes and run electrical so its un noticed and organized.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

sweet dude you got any pics? it soudns like youe making some pretty decent money for your age. I wuold have to work 40 hours a week to get 800 a month..... :/ ..... i just flat out cant do it, i cut down to 20 hours. As a matter of fact im writing a 3 page film essay right now thats due tomorrow...... fun stuff........ btw my shrimp is still alive :)) haha , you and me sound like we live pretty much the same life........... jus 1000 miles apart

fihsboy

by fihsboy

well i make around 150-200 a week.....40 bucks extra a week during summer and during the winter 40 bucks every other week for mowing the lawn at my dads. I do weddings on the side. I have a $4000 camera that I spent all my savings on from when I was little. I get paid right at 9 an hour.......I have the highest pay out of any part timer at my job. :) and we have 90 part time employees. But dont get me wrong........I work..........and I work hard. I dont put up with bs. Theres this guy at work that just stands there........and I dont put up with it. I worked 4 hours extra today......and my managers bought me lunch. :) I will get pics up as soon as I paint it. It will be another month probably before I get my tank on it........just because I want all the fumes from the paint to settle down a little, and im going to plumb it as well as put some electrical in there and get that going. I make good money....i just dont make the best decisions with it. My gfs birth day week last week.......I spent right at 700 bucks. thats a lot.....haha. But to me she is worth every penny. I agree man, you seem pretty cool. film essay huh....what film you writing on?

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

HOLY CRAP!!! dang dude 700 bucks sounds like you got you an investment there! and a 4,000 dollar camera is impressive too, i really dont ahve anything to fall back on if my job fails. Next May will be 3 years at my job, i have moved from sacker, to grocery stocker, to dairy stocker to frozen stocker and now im just a cashier because of my knee and im at 7.30 hr....... haha its almost funny. Im like you i hate pepole that dont work, i get mad at some of the pretty girls that work there because they dont work at all and they get mad at me because their pretty looks dont get them nowhere with me. As far as experience im right under front end manager, i can pretty much do everything on hte front until you get to teh office work and stuff like that. I would like to see pics of your DYI stand and even pics of you and yoru girl if you got any. Yea im about to start on that so idk if ill get back to you tonight, im going to write over American Gangster so we will see how that goes...... nice talkin to ya for at least tonight

a few pics

40 posts • Page 3 of 4