Would you be pissed?

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

simple69

by simple69

I have been in 2 serious relationships in the last while one was 6 years and my recent one is 4 years and we are getting married in 8 days. :)

One thing I learned from my 6 year relationship is to not be controlling. You cannot control a persons emotions or actions. If she wants her friend who happens to be a boy to come to florida for her birthday then it is going to happen. Better then her going there to celebrate with her friend. You said you trust her in yoru frist post well, by they way you are talking it sounds very much like you don't trust her. Trust me if you try and control her and lay down the law you are going to lose her or damage your relationship.

My fiance friends are 90% guys. She goes out with them for coffee, lunches, dinners and even goes out of town to meet one and sleeps over at this house. I trust her 100% and I know she would never do anything to ruin our relationship as I wouldn't do the same when I hang out with girls the same way. That is trust if you don't have that then your don't have trust in your relationship. This is something you will learn when you are older and have been in a few more serious relationships. :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well i agree and disagree with most of the advise here . . . .trust is above all the most important thing...............and you should be able to trust her in any situation, now in my life i have had a couple of women go out on me, so my insecurity is simply that...............my insecurity, and i have to be very guarded to not let my fears fall onto my wife unwarrented {she didn't do anything to deserve me being scared of her going out on me}

By the same token................in most cases, guys who are dedicated shouldn't be hangin out with their own "girl" friends and girls shouldn't be hanging out with their own "guy" friends - - -now as a couple you can hang with the oposite sex, and if your girls old friend is comming to see her and hangs out with the both of you.............well i see no trouble there ................if he wants to sneek around with her and avoid you .................theres a problem

my "rule" if you will is.............if i wouldn't want a girl i'm talking to to meet and / or hang out with my wife................i probably shouldn't be putting myself in that situation..................i don't happen to have any friends that are girls from my past, but my wife comming from a corperate world has a few and all but one of them are aquantences of mine, one of them is a slime ball and doesn't hang out with me at all but still calls her from time to time and i have a huge problem with that, and she knows about it and for the most part has cut all ties with him, since he doesn't wanna come over fr a BBQ or a drink..................which in my mind means he has other things on his mind, like my wifes ass..........................bad deal for him, lol

Boss

simple69

by simple69

I agree with Snowboss on that old boyfriends and girlfriends should be kept at that. EX's... You left them for a reason and this we can be friends crap is just crap. Honestly in my experience keeping ex's around creates anxiety and in some cases can drive a wedge in your new relationship. Cut them loose and never look back..

Also I was thinking about this and if her being with other guy friends really bothers you then the best way to approach it is to sit down with her maturaly and talk it out. That is the best way to resolve it. If your approach it to aggressively you are probably going to scare her away or look as though you are trying to tell her what to do. She already has parents for that she doesn't want that in your. :)

fihsboy

by fihsboy

We went to sea world yesterday and had a good time. Him and I dont really like riding the big insane rides........so they all rode it and him and I stayed together and hung out. Hes pretty cool. After talking to him I realized hes just a nice guy. Her and I talked about it last night on the way home and I asked her how she would feel if I would have done that. And she said she didnt even see it from my prospective until then........and she apoligized for putting me in the position. I just told her I wasnt really comfortable with the situation, I felt like I was sharing her. Shes a sweetheart she just doesnt think things through sometimes. Everything is grand now and were going clubbing tonight. :)

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thanks Guys! and Ladys :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

good deal man..............she sounds like a good woman..............next time talk to her rather than us, lol , not that we mind giving you our 2 cents, but it sounds like you both could have handled it "in house"

enjoy the weekend

Boss

kei9th

by kei9th

if she is really going to get a little strange, what does it really matter chicks dig cool fish tanks and you have a really cool one. but remember your tank isnt getting jealous that your about to get a new one.

Would you be pissed?

17 posts • Page 2 of 2