gas prices?

48 posts • Page 4 of 5

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Oh Tom Brady. Ohhhhh Tom Brady. :( He was on the downhill anyway.....GO PATS.

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

HA where I live there is that grocery store with over priced gas as well but spend $100 in food and you save a dime !!! I live in country where it is 3.45 and the next is less and a major city down the thruway is way less than that further east and so on............. bet some of you can guess my area of living !!!! rip off taxes usa

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

just filled up today for 2.03 wow............ i need to start getting the pool ready

fihsboy

by fihsboy

damn! it just hit 2.25 here. :)

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

This is all what you call borrowed time. Instead of being an independent nation like we were supposed to be and founded as we just keep borrowing money from communist nations and expecting to never have to pay them back....

Did you hear the national debt monitor in NY which is like a digital stopwatch with only so many spots for #'s actually had to use its last spot which was reserved for the dollar sign this year to put our debt into the 10's of trillions?
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/new-money/2 ... clock.html

Our gas will only drop for so long before people in high places remember their insatiable greed and give us a reason to drive 5 billion less miles as a nation, again.

How can a ''superpower'' like the US be comfortable with its world status when the world is basically run by money. People die for it, people kill for it, and I don't think nations like China are lending out all this money so we can drive our cars to 711 every night. I really don't think there's a deep seated concern from the Chinese whether or not we make it to our jobs, because it seems like 75% of the retail market comes from them..

To me it ultimately seems like leverage..and its not like they don't have enough already..

Sorry to get long winded, and gloom and doom, like usual. At least I have my fishies. They never let me down. =P lol

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Agreed.....we are diggin a hole that were not going to be able to get out of. We need to start by bringing the steel industry back to the US and go from there. We need to bring back all the textile markets here too. That would be a great start.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

agreed also

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

yeah ......all you peeps traveling to radio city music hall this holiday to see the incredable light show and shows .........

all owned by CHINA

ENJOY

fihsboy

by fihsboy

What do you guys think we should do to dig our selves out? What should happen first? I think we should probably tax the hell out of incoming products.......to incourage growth INSIDE the US. I know its going to suck at first......and we are going to pay a little more........but if you look at the United States.....and look at other countries........we are the EXACT opposite finanicially then lets say Australia. In australia.........milk is cheap.......but an ipod is going to cost you almost twice as much as it would here. They are doing fine.... A guy in Nigeria bought my Xbox 360 on ebay from me.........he paid 300 bucks for it and some games. But I asked why he was willing to pay so much......and his response........what are you talking about....thats a great price. We are spoiled brats in the United States. I dont mind paying a little more for something to ensure a stable economy and country. I LOOK on Marinedepot.com.............JUST LOOK. I pay 10-15 bucks more to buy it from my LFS. your probably wondering why...........are you stupid? No.......but without my LFS I would have no where to go and hang out.......no where to go and get advice(besides here). I went to my lfs today.......and I made flyers for the new owner and handed them out at a festival......I walk in the store tonight.......I shit you not........he had 10 people in the store. Most I have seen in the 9-10 months I have been going there. He was SWAMPED. I ask him to order me a SCWD for my closed loop.......he goes out to his truck brings one back for me, and says thanks for helping me out, its on the house. THATS why I support my LFS, because when you support your home terf.......everything runs better. Why the hell are we outsourcing everything, we need to be making it easier for business to run and operate here in america. Give tax breaks for companies that operate here. Ideas?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

btw I didnt let him (give it to me) I paid him as much as he would let me! (10 bucks)

gas prices?

48 posts • Page 4 of 5