It just doesnt make since.......

27 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

possibly. Maybe by oxygenating the water to such an intense level from what it was at caused the nitrates to boom into an algae problem. Im just going to buy some more snails. They have been taking care of it as much as they can so far, and the 6 I have are doing a great job. Due to tank overflowing today.......I did a 10 gallon water change on top of replacing the water that overflowed. Maybe that will help out. :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

how did the tank overflow?????

what a mess ................i bet

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

wtf happend ?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I had a turbo snail climb over into my overflow. And then he decided to go in the pipe......well his shell is slightly smaller than the U tube. So he got in and the water could only trickle around him. So there was no where for the water to go but up and over. Damn talk about a mess!

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

that sucks..build a cover so it dont happen again...or drill it.i have had starfish,huge chunks of algae,snails,fish, in my drain pipe never a flood cuz of the emergency pipe.

swp

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im in the process of getting myself a new tank and having it drilled. I just dont have the cash yet. I bought my new lights, built a hood, built a stand, bought a protein skimmer, bought a new return pump with a little more umph, and spent 80 bucks on lights for the new fixture. all in the last three weeks. with a $8 an hour job. haha. Needless to say my dads birthday was this week my girlfriends 18th is next week and with all that.......im poor. Ohh and i have my car payment and insurance due next week. So no more additions for my tank for about two months. Which SUCKS :( Unless I run into a lump sum of money of course. But I overbuilt my stand so I could hold up to a 70 gallon tall. But in all honesty I think im going to stay small...my 29 could be bad ass if I work at it. Always better to overbuild than to have it fall to pieces. I have some plexiglass hanging around from my sump...... Im going to do that for sure! Thats a good idea for now. :) you truely are THE saltwaterpimp.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i try...good luck bud...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hey what do you think about drilling 6 holes in the back top of the aquarium. evenly spaced. for one inch bulkheads. Making a closed loop with a 1" drain to the pump to the squid to two outputs for powerheads. And then two drains for the sump and one return. Two drains for security.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

so 2 syphon
2 emergency in the filter box,

2 in the back of glass for return , with the squid hooked to these.
sorry mabie im just ....purple haze

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Wellll
2 drains to sump
1 drain to pump for the closed system
2 outputs for closed system
1 output from sump.

It just doesnt make since.......

27 posts • Page 2 of 3