SAND SUBTRATE WHAT THE VERDICT

12 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

I think stores sell those sharks because they know people think they're cool, will buy them, and most likely end up either killing them or getting rid of them when they get too big. Either way, the fish store doesn't take them back, so they get to reap the benefits of selling them without worrying about actually taking care of them. What do they care? They have the money...

I love corporate responsibility.

I think my next tank will have sand substrate... thanks for the tips, Dizz, I probably will just rinse a little at a time. More thorough that way. Plus, I can do that indoors in the air conditioning. It's too hot here.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Actually many pet stores could be selling them knowing that people don't know how big they get and after the people feed them and grow them out then the people just give them back to the pet stores and they in turn sell them for high prices lol. So it's like the customer has to pay to baby sit a fish and grow them out so that the fish store can make more commission when they sell it as a large size fish.

SAND SUBTRATE WHAT THE VERDICT

12 posts • Page 2 of 2