Problems with a LTA

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

nicholas542

Problems with a LTA

by nicholas542

My Long tentacle anenome has been moving around in the tank alot I just purchased him for my Black Saddle Back clown a week ago. Recently he moved behind some rocks, and is back behind the reef wall in a corner of the tank. I don't know If I should just let him be or try to move him out into a more lite area. Any helpful comments on raising anenomes would be helpful.

My water Perameters are:

Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 0 ppm
Phosphates: .5 ppm
Calciums: 400 ppm
PH: 8.2
Specific Gravity: 1.024
Temp: 78 degrees

bertie411

by bertie411

you can keep fetching it to the front where you can see it, but in my experience it will go where it wants to, where it feels most comfortable

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

..true...

singapore

by singapore

yeah...so long as the anenone doesnt appear to have fallen down and isnt capable of getting back into the light, youve got to let it be. ive tried to put mine rite in front, but it wont have it. it moves right back to this one specific crevace on the side it seems to like. oh well. its not up to us in the end...the anenome will make the decision.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

yeah he moved out from behind the rocks, and is now perched on top of a bottom flat rock. I thought that LTA's prefered to root themselves into sand/substrate not rocks.

Problems with a LTA

5 posts