Buying Fish Online?

27 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I bought three female Crowntail Betta fish from PetCo online (I know), and had a good experience. The fish arrived healthy, the size they advertised, and ALIVE! However, even though the box clearly said "this side up", FedEx left the box on it's side. :| Duh. The fish are doing great though. And my local PetsMart guy is super knowledgeable and he helps me pick out fish. He's more dedicated to the hobby than to PetsMart so he hasn't steered me wrong yet. Maybe it's individual stores and individual people sometimes.

One reason to buy in person --- my fish were a couple bucks apiece, but shipping was $30. I did this though because I could not find female Crowntails locally.

--Zambize

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

Anybody purchased a Koi Angelfish from a website and been pleased, would love to know what site :)

gumbii

by gumbii

the only fish i've gotten online were from a online goldfish auction from tommy... i've been blessed to live in LA and can get any possible by shopping the 40+ local fish shops in my area... i can vouche for tommy and his goldfish auction, but i doubt you guys would want to spend more than a bill for a goldfish shipped...

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

Gumbii... i live in LA also, any chance you know of a good fish store for Koi Angelfish... smaller as i have a 20 gallon at the moment

snowboss

by snowboss

Well here we go.....I just ordered from Liveaquaria.com - -ended up buying 2 true percula clowns and 5 nasarius snails $49.93 for the livestock and $34.99 shipping - they say they will send a shipping confermation with the date of arrival via e-mail . . waiting to see the condition and punctuailty of the delivery process - -I'm not happy with the amount of shipping but if happy healthy fish show up - -i guess in my case {3 bad LFS in my area} and I can't drive 2 hours there and back to yet another LFS for 35 bucks, it'll be ok.

Livestock 50 bucks
shipping 35 bucks
fish that live more than a week ........PRICELESS !!!!

LOL....Boss

snowboss

by snowboss

UPDATE: March 11th, got an e-mail thismorning saying the fish should arrive at 4:30 Pm today - -I'll be pretty damned impressed if they can predict the very moment that FedEx will deliver - - -so far so good - - -acclimation gear is in the ready

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

nice!! keep us updated..

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

this site also claims 1.99 a pound for live rock
www.oceanproaquatics.com

snowboss

by snowboss

wow nice site - -i'll need a smoke and a cup of coffee to get through that one ....great find!!!! Boss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

the site was above my profile...thank javier

Buying Fish Online?

27 posts • Page 2 of 3