upgrades and questions?

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

upgrades and questions?

by Deltasigpony3648

so I am finally upgrading my whole system except for a few things that are great quality. I'm buying a 120 48/24/24 predrilled tank for 399.99 it has one corner overflow and I'm upgrading my light to a 6 bulb tek lighting system. Now I still want to find a new sump but what kind and what volume it has to fit in a stand 64/32 and height is yet to be made final also I'm looking for an aqua controler that controls 2 sets of lights, pumps, skimer, heaters, temp start fans, has a wave maker and tests ph, salinity, and temp at least, sends data to Internet for monerting away from home. What do you think and what other equipment should I think about buying?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

well most controllers will control alot more then that you could get a good one for around 400, the tel lighting is also a good choice,i will be looking into those as well . and the sump i would diy , buy a tank that fits and have a glass shop make the baffles.

swp

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

well i already have a diy sump which i am thinking of changing up to include a resivour to hold ro water and im going to put in a small section to hold spunges and bio balls. does any one know if i can have a doseing pump that would dose my 2 part calcium and alklinity. and maybe have another one for a ph buffer solution. this is how i was thinking of making it look if all my ideas work out i still havent figured out if i want to get an ozoneator, uv starlizer, and a co2 system can anyone give me comments on this stuff

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

a few things i see, you dont want your return pump there,you are going to get a shit load of bubbles in your tank. i would loose the bio balls and use live rock,mabie put the return in that area,also you should split the over flow line one to the skimmer and one to a small live rock zone, water flow will go over the refugium.then to the return pump.you will get less bubbles that way, and the sump will be more eficceint. sorry but one more thing the bubbles from the skimmer might hold the t/o switch in the highest position

check out mels reef for some killer designes

did i make sence ?lol

swp

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

yeah thanks pimp i see what you mean so have you ever heard of someone using a controler to turn doseing pump on and of once a day and one for ph buffer when the thing says ph is to low or to high and if so where can i find one

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

for the 2 part you can use a small jug a small amount of tube and a digital timer, unless you want a pimp setup and want to spen that money, i have some links on my cpu at home when i get off work i will post them, i also have the links for controlers,dosers and few other toys..

swp

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

http://www.digitalaquatics.com/m_produc ... 0-0011-001

http://www.melevsreef.com/acrylics/sump ... del_j.html

i love this sump,look around for some sumps you like .i am building one of these of glass or acrylic, when i get .money...lol.. i have a few more but cant find em..

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

ok i found a new program on my com and i wonder if this would be a good sump
90991-Sump.img.jpg

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

looks good!! what program is that

upgrades and questions?

9 posts