advise

64 posts • Page 3 of 7

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well i cant offer advise on what the color will do as far as light reflection but i found it extremely easy to paint the back with just simple spray paint, i applied light coats for a period of 2 days and i accidentally got a bubble but i pushed the air out of it and with the light on the inside it is invisible.... i would suggest just buying what ever color you decide on in spray paint form.. just my opinion

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Do you have water in this tank already ? i never tried paint,,i use a store bought and veggie oil to stick it..the color...idk you have to live with it..if i had black sand i would shift twords the b on b ...but i think sps would look beter with a blue backround....good luck..are lions reef safe ?

pics!

swp

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yes... we all enjoy pics....

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

lions are very reef safe. but thay will eat whatever fish thay can fit in ther mouth as long as thay can catch it and shrimp and small crabs are very tasty to them as well so it took me a long time to figer out what alge control thay dont eat. if you would like to set up a agresive reef i would love to help if you got any questions. lol my nolig over the last 13 years cost me to much $ not to help people out that want to have both the buety of reef with the fun of high agretion. and yes there is water in the tank and starting to cycle. the best way i have found to paint a tank is with a roller. it lays the paint on thick and no chance of gitting paint were it is not wanted aka over spray.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

thanks but i will probably never have a agresive reef, i am a coral junkie, i only add fish that clean the reef,and pseudo chromis,
over spray would suck....
swp

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

oh yeah not a bad idea, i would think that it would put a little too much paint on though

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

lions are very reef safe. but thay will eat whatever fish thay can fit in ther mouth as long as thay can catch it and shrimp and small crabs are very tasty to them as well so it took me a long time to figer out what alge control thay dont eat. if you would like to set up a agresive reef i would love to help if you got any questions. lol my nolig over the last 13 years cost me to much $ not to help people out that want to have both the buety of reef with the fun of high agretion. and yes there is water in the tank and starting to cycle. the best way i have found to paint a tank is with a roller. it lays the paint on thick and no chance of gitting paint were it is not wanted aka over spray.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

fine here are some pics of the tank and substrat. and i put the backing on it 5 minits ago gust for this pic lol see what this forum will do to people. lol
00916-DSC_0042.JPG
72a1b-DSC_0046.JPG

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

what size tank is it again?

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

o and to be politicly corect im not a klan member i colect flags lol i have about 8 difrent flags most are american flags hand made one is a 48 star flag. the confederit flags one was given to me by my father the other came from ky when i lived there for a summer. i posted this because i dont want people to git the wrong ideas about me.

advise

64 posts • Page 3 of 7