Platy Plague?

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

after reading the article, it's very interesting because, the platies that died do have a whitish appearance by the dorsal fin. the platy that survived in the hospital tank has it too...I just thought it was some kind of birth defect, but your article or link proves otherwise

thanks much for the info. I would have never found this link or info without your pointing it out to me. Much appreciated

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

No problem. I hope it can help some of your surviving fish! Let me know...

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I placed the red platy back into the main tank from the hospital tank. She is fine. The rest of the fish survived in the main tank (even the silver tip tetra is fine).

It was pretty crazy there for a little while - whatever hit the tank hit quick & deadly, then left. Is this crazy or what?

I think your link helped identify what probably was the disease because it came in fast then left.

Anyway, thanks for your help and if I need any in the future I know where to find you (((smiles)))

good day

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

I'm so glad some made it through! If you were able to save some you definitely caught it just in time. Great job! A happy ending after all, at least for some of the fish.

Platy Plague?

14 posts • Page 2 of 2