ITS ALIVE!!!

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yeah i jus asked that because when i was buying my stuff the guy at the store mentioned that he personally wouldnt do it because it takes so long for the shrimp or whatever to decay so i was jus getting yalls opinon on the whole deal, he also mentioned that throwing something like that in there could contain a parasite that i dont want? what are the chances?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

if your buying "stuff" from a guy with salt water tanks and equipment, see if he will sell you a couple cups of sand and a gallon of water from his tank, dump whatever he will give/sell to you in your tank, pull the media out of your FX5 and let it circulate the water for a week or two {longer the better, then put your media back in and start monitoring the cycle . . . . that would be the perfect situation for sure.................the tank will get nasty as hell, brown and green algae and all kinds of cruddy lookin . . . . thats what you want

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

humm ok ill see what i can do about gettin some ... stuff.... haha i noticed that the tanks where they keep their live rock for sale has some break off and dirt and stuff from the rock is that worth any value?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

thats the good stuff you want to start your cycle and get your tank established

value? ell if the guy won't give you a break or even give it to you, i would say it's worth what ever they charge per pound for the live rock..............also, when your done cycleing if you don't like the looks of it in the tank, it's perfect for a refugium and or sump {i know your not useing one now} or start another tank, lol

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

k well i jus got back fom walmart, i got one raw shrimp from malaysia and tossed it in... i hope thats what i was supposed to do

fihsboy

by fihsboy

sounds good dude! hows the water looking? you could mash it up and put it in there too if you want. Either way it will just decay. :) they were prolly looking at you funny when you bought ONE shrimp. :) That will be 16 cents sir......haha

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hahaha you dont even know, me and my friend had a lid for a 5 gallon bucket, a 94 cent air freshener and we were jus standing at the seafood counter for like 10 minutes and finally i was like wtf so i got soem produce lady to get somebody for me and this grizzly adams looking dude stumbles on over and hes putting a hairnet on his beard... so already im like wow... then he puts one on his head, he goes inside and sanitizes his hands and slaps his gloves on and im like dude you dont need to do all that i just need one shimp... he was like one shrimp? i was like yea and he started picking through them looking for a good one and i was like dude just give me a shitty looking shrimp and ha laughed and asked me what for ha so in the end he jus put it in the bag and didnt even charge me for it........... humm right now its day 4 and its looking like the mushroom cloud on an atom bomb

ITS ALIVE!!!

17 posts • Page 2 of 2