My Shark died and i dont think my rope fish isn't eating

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Caylyn2187184

by Caylyn2187184

MY shark DQ (Drama Queen) died :( I think he was sick when i first got him cause he's be swimming for hours then act dead so we thought maybe he was swimming or something. We've had him a week and he died today. The Rope fish is doing good, but i dont ever see him eat. I put flakes for the fish, bloodworms for my froggies, and bought some little shrimp for the snake...some of the shrimp go under the rocks so i cant really tell if any are missing...IS there any way to know if he isnt eating or does the rope fish act any certain way if hes hungry or anything? I call him snake all the time, so if i say snake i mean rope fish =) Thanks!!

Also, currently i have 2 frogs and a rope fish..My husband wants to go get another rope fish and another frog tomorrow...will the 2 rope fish be ok together?

Serial324556

by Serial324556

How long have you had this tank setup? What size is it, how often do you do water changes?

Caylyn2187184

by Caylyn2187184

its been up for about 2 weeks, i just put fish in it last sunday and i havent done a water change yet, how often should i? When i do it, do i put the frogs/snake in a bowl and put the air in the bowl? Thanks!

Tien6079

by Tien6079

I am still trying to understand the feeding habbits of my rope fish. They can go for very long periods of time w/o food. I feed mine very small feeder fish and ghost shrimp. I rarely ever see him eat tho. So for water changes, I suggest a minimum of replacing 10 to 20 percent of the water every two weeks...again that is a minimum. There are some good articles and discussions you can find on this site regarding the nitrogen cycle. This is very important for an aquarium. Also, never replace all of the water in your aquarium and never use soap to clean the components. I hope this helps.

4 posts