Help. I have an almost dead brackish moray eel.

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

PK . . . . thats an awsome find, i kow eels like to hide, so maybe a lil shelter in the bucket/tank will help him "acclimate" a little faster as well.......if he dies I would take him back to the LFS and hide it in his car somewhere so it stinks it up bad,,,,friggin idiots

good luck man............i don't care for snakes and eels and the like, but nothing deserves to be thrown in the trash alive

Boss

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Jweb,

do you dive in the ocean? if so, how close are we to recreating natural reefs and environments in our tanks? I can only imagine from discovery and HD tv how beautiful a natural reef in the wild would be

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Eel is doing fine. It's swimming around and seems to have recovered. The lfspeople are idiots for throwing it away, and it was lucky I found it when I did as it was so weak it couldn't right itself from an upside down position.

Funny thing is that I was thinking of getting a couple of these guys. I guess it had good karma.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

It still isn't eating i don't think. The lfs said live blood worms would be best to get it interested in food again. Maybe I should get the silversides and rub garlic on them. It seems to be wanting to get out the top of the tank.

reeferdan

by reeferdan

hey bud i just came across this post randomly surfing if you ever encounter this issue again or you have him and he still hasnt eaten dont fret yet. they can go on months without eating. i have tried garlic without much success in most cases even with buying garlic extract for 20 bucks that i found i could make for 20 cents anyway. what gets these guys to calm down and eat is universally the same stable quality water,calm quiet surroundings, the less competition the better hiding places and good food theres more but that should be enough to get started
f8d76-38a8d947_1629439.JPG

nicholas542

by nicholas542

Boss I've dove in several places on the Big Island in Hawaii and in Kauai. What you see on the TV is nothing compaired to seeing it in real life. The funniest thing tough wild fish love catfood. If you put a small single serve pouch of catfood in you're divebag hope to god it never opens up you will get mauled by hundreds of fish. They love the stuff. My dad is P.A.D.I. certified so he gets my tanks filled for me i'll be getting certified this fall hopefully.

Help. I have an almost dead brackish moray eel.

16 posts • Page 2 of 2