Do Perc Clowns eat copods?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

newbie916

by newbie916

I set up my refugium this morning by taking all of my LR and LS from my 12 gallon and putting it into my 20 gallon sump underneath my 100 gallon. I had to put my Perc Clown into my refuge because he's been quarantined for beating up my Maroon clown. I have an order of copods along with some various macro algae coming in. Do you guys know if the clown will eat the copods?

snowboss

by snowboss

i have 3 percs in my tank and they don't seem to care for them - - they will pick them up but spit em right back out every once in a while - - -not to say that if they got hungry enough they'd prolly eat em , lol

fihsboy

by fihsboy

my clowns wont touch them.....now if i drop them in right in front of there face........i dont think any fish can refuse a fresh meal. When you add them add them at dark, so they stand a chance to settle into your rock and sand. :)

newbie916

by newbie916

Thanks guys,

I just bought a new light for my refugium. It's a 36 watt corallife powercompact. From what I've read they said to have the refugium lighting set opposite to your tank to maintain a balanced ph with the macro algae. I will definitely drop the copods in at night. I should be getting everything in the next few days.

4 posts