NEW TANK UPDATE

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

see i use my airpump 24x7 but i also have c02 injection so it is kinda a have to at night.

supertank

by supertank

I HAVE READ THAT THE AIRE STONE HELPS OXYGENATE THE TANK, I WILL BE LEAVING IT ON FROM ABOUT 5PM UNTIL 10PM. I HAVE NO PLANTS SO THERE IS NO PIONT IN HAVING THE LIGHT ON 24/7 THIS ONLY IS ON ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME AS MY AIR STONE. HOW OFTEN WOULD YOU GUYS USE STRESS ZYMNE IN THE TANK, FOR A NEW TANK??? MY PET STORE GUY SAYS ADD IT TO THE TANK EVERY 3RD DAY. MY TANK HAS ONLY BEEN RUNNING SINCE SAT AND I ADDED FISH ON TUES NIT, SO I THINK A WATER CHANGE AND CLEAN THE FILTER IS DUE THIS WEEKEND. THEN ONCE I GET BACK TO THE PET STOERE I WILL BUY A GRAVEL CLEEANER AND DO THAT ON A WEEKLY BASIS.
IS THERE ANY TIPS WHICH WILL HELP MY FISH IN THE TANK.

CHEERS

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

If the filter is only a week or so old I wouldn't bother ''cleaning'' it yet. That's probably one of the prime areas where the bacterias you want to break down harmful stuff in your tank will build up. Of course it will have to be cleaned eventually if it becomes clogged, the filter pads don't allow enough water flow-through, or your impeller gets all jammed up with stuff.
Jweb is somewhat right. The bubbler may not exactly help a great deal. If you ever get plants though its a sure bet you won't need it during the day, as plants produce oxygen by day, but consume it at night, which means a bubbler would be crucial at night. :)
For resizing pictures google picasa. Picasa is made by google so not hard to find. It'll find all the pictures you want it to after you install it (small program, free) and you can just load up one of your pics to the editor by double clicking it in the browser, then just export to/for web. When it saves there should be an option to reduce teh size of the photo by reducing the quality a little.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Also, for plants you need the lights on in the day and off at night. The dark cycle is crucial for the plants as well as the fish.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I only use "stress" products that come mixed with dechlorinator and add it when I add water or sometimes when I'm establishing new fish.

NEW TANK UPDATE

15 posts • Page 2 of 2