white spots?

12 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

schigara

by schigara

With only 4 years of experience with salt water reef tanks, I can't possibly give any advice worth listening to other than anecdotal, which wouldn't be worth much.

This is why I posted 2 links to information that has been accepted as fact due to the amount of experience and research from the author and his sources. Any advice from me after that strictly adheres to the advice and suggestions of those much more experienced than myself.

I'm sorry but information from forums is sketchy, at best. When I first started, I read articles from AdvancedAquarists and Reefkeeping.com I also read forums at reefcentral but only to try to get a consensus from the more experienced hobbyists and did not take any one persons ideas as fact. Please do your own research and find out for yourself.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Totally agree,
But thats what a forum is about, fixing a problem u have with other peoples past experience and advice. Like i said at the start of my post, its from my own experience, and it works for me. The idea or concepts get put out there, and its up to the reader to see if they would like to try that. Obviously some people will disagree, as well as many will also agree. But once again in my experience in the marine hobby, Many expert ideas have failed me, but people on forums, with minimal knowledge of the scientific structure of the marine world have not. In short just because you have a degree or scientific background, doesn't always make an answer FACT. Taking into account that there could be millions of unknown situations. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.
Just a thought no offence intended

white spots?

12 posts • Page 2 of 2