Can Fish Hear Us Talk To Them?

42 posts • Page 4 of 5

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I guess it's also hard to find a group of people who shares your exact tastes.

My friend, a guy I grew up with, his parents and he lived on a co-op like this. It seemed to work quite well.

We used to be able to come from a party at his house and be able to strole down to the neighbors outdoor wood stoked sauna, and go off a rope into a small dammed up lake, and with out any notification of the owners (to a degree).

Beautiful land, and enough privacy that you coould walk around naked without the neighbor seeing you.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

it would be awsome to live that way .........i actually think you might start seeing a modified version of co-op living in the future as resouces get less and less and pooling them for the good of the many will be a needed thing - - like that town theey are building in the midwest that was destroyed by a tornado - - the entire community has agreed to rebuild the town with nothing but green and comunal technologys - -i think its just called Greentown - - very intersting

im watching discovery right now and their doing and experiment on makeing salt water clouds because they reflect more sunlight than fresh water to reduce the earths temperature and help the "global warming" issues - - -im on the fence about it - -i just think messing with mother nature is a bad thing - - -next thing you know we will be creating super storms by accident - -um ....."The Day After" anyone??>?>?>?>?

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I am in a big 2 bedroom apartment here in Colorado Springs, Co. It runs $680 a month. Know what I see when I look out my windows?? Pikes Peak and the rest of the Rocky Mountain! So there :-P

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

bitch ............................lol

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Damned! I spent a week in Colorado Springs getting an overhaul on my VW bug engine when I drove across the country years ago. I used to sneak down to the river where the hot springs pool outflow was. People had damed up the area where it flowed into the river to create a nice pool to lounge in. You could sit in there and the Colorado river rapids were right next to you. I guess if you live there you probably know all the good spots.

I'm a big train hobbiest. I remember freights with 6 engines pulling and 4 more pushing 100 cars up that grade. Pretty awsome to me. My home layout has 4 engines in front and 2 mid train and 60 cars, mostly 53 foot articulating well cars that can stack 3 53 foot containers per well. My son and I take our train to shows where they have huge layouts made up of many moduels stuck together. That's fun!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Hey Boss, play nice! :-P

I have lived here almost my entire life. My apartment faces south/west, so when I look out any of my windows, there are the mountains.

Miami lives here too, about 5 or so miles from me. He is trading me 3 female red zebra juvies for my powder blue socolifi in the morning. Pretty cool, we met thru this forum. He brings his daughter cuz she loves my two African dwarf frogs and my cats :-)
Last edited by dizzcat on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

OK everyone, I started this thread because my son says the fish can't HEAR me.

Today my daughter told me, they can't UNDERSTAND me, not can't hear me, so I am making progress with one of my kids LOL

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol - -thats cool that you have someone that close - - I'm buying a a 65 gall setup from Saltwater pimp ............but he's on the other end of the state {bout 6 hours} but it's so cool to meet good caliber people online, when i was younger i did a lot of Yahoo chat in their forums {sports cars} and it was 90% trash talkin and lies about their cars - -got old real quick, not to mention the sexbots -----man that made me mad

sorry bout the "bitch" comment - - -it was meant to be a funny haha - - -sometimes conotationdoesn't translate through text . . . .my bad....lol

and don't feel bad about the fish not "understanding" you ..............hell most people don't understand me ...................

great post

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I think when we talk to our fish they can tell we are conveying thoughts. They probably can't hear us, but we make slightly different movements when we actually talk rather than when we just open and close our mouths and move our heads in non-threatning ways.

They can see us as well as we can see them. That's for sure. I just think they become more comfortable when we spend a lot of time at the tankside. I notice that if I haven't spent time near my fish for a while that they are less tame.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Hey Boss, no problem, I knew you were playing :-) That's why I stuck my tounge out at-cha!

I have noticed that too Peter. If I get busy during the week and don't sit and watch them at least once a day they will flip out the next time I do! So I try to sit there at least once a day. My favorite time is in the evening with all the room lights off. They just explode with color then!

When my son first came home, they hid every-time they saw him! It took about a week before he saw more than one! At one point he says... "so... there are fish in there right?" LOL They started swimming all over after about a week. I noticed today that they now duck for cover when my daughter walks in the room (she came home yesterday). So, another week or so of hiding now LOL.

I had my 20 gallon community and 10 gallon when she left for Alaska this summer. I got the African Mbuna tank set up while she was gone. First thing she did when she walked into the living-room was point at it and say "I LIKE that tank!!"

It IS neat knowing someone so close by! Miami said that if any of the females turn out to be a male (they are only about an inch) he will trade out. Its just so cool, you know? The male he gave me a month ago is bigger than them, a deep dark orange and getting the pale blueness to his fins like the picture Miami has of the papa. And if my Acei even spawn he wants some, so I will know where they will go haha.

Isn't it funny how some threads will start on one topic and just kind of wander into others? :-)

Can Fish Hear Us Talk To Them?

42 posts • Page 4 of 5