Fay coming my way

19 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Ice storms can put us in the dark for days up here - - in 2003, we were without power for a week.................and the fishtanks are important, but a week without power in the middle of winter is dangerous for everything, the elderly get hit the hardest, I've plowed snow and ice on state roads with the power company trucks behind me so they can get to a transformer, and last year i was holding a tree off a transformer with my skidsteer for them until a tree crew could get in and cut it up, like 5 hours.................normally thats a big no no, plowing a state road with a personally owned truck can get you jail time, and they would never let a civilian near a damaged transformer- - - - but in a state of emergency everybody works together to get things done.......... so i guess we don't mess around with genpaks, go big or die, lol

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Dang thats insane. I wanted one of those installed........but i dont have that kinda cash. Its still raining, we have had 30 inches of rain, almost everything is flooding you gotta love living on the east coast of florida!

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

That's a LOT of rain! It would be fun to have a boat and truck around in it, or a jet ski.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

damn dude... it was like insane over here in west texas when we got 4 inches... set a record :)

jweb1369

by jweb1369

It's just about to hit me tonight and it seems like its going soo freakin slow. Its been in one spot all day lol.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

has the same storm ever hit the same state 4 times???? in history or is this some kind of record ???

jweb1369

by jweb1369

i know one hurricane went up florida around louisiana and texas then into the gulf and back up florida and louisiana and texas, lol.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Yeah it went pretty slow. It took 4 days to go over us. GEEZE im glad its gone. Its still rainy but all the water is drained for the most part. Only lost power once. But at least now I can go on vacation and not worry about my fish losing power while im gone and if the tank losses power..........no biggie, ive got back up! :)

fihsboy

by fihsboy

92........I think one hit florida went up the east coast horse shoed and came back hit it again went into the gulf and hit it again by tallahasee......but thats the only one I know of. My mom sells flood insurance and has for 30 years and she worked for one of the biggest insurance groups in the US Independent Life.......they went out of business because of Hurricane Andrew about 15 years ago. There was such a gigantic loss.........they paid everyone they owed and salvaged the few dollars left.

Fay coming my way

19 posts • Page 2 of 2