newby here to give intro

24 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

OC reef. Dude! My nose would have wrinkled a little too if someone said my music was gay. Don't get all personel. Think South Park or something where the freinds all rag on each other.

We're usually pretty nice to each other though. You guys just tried to get into the same lane at the same time and it was like rolling dice and getting snake eyes.

I like you as a new member OC. I don't think Gumbii was trying to hurt your feelings. He just tries to get a rise out of people.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

OC Reef -- you've seriously misunderstood gumbii. If you'll look around on the foums and get a little history on some of us, including gumbii, you won't be so quick tempered. And it's too bad because gumbii is extremely knowledgeable, respected on the boards, is well-connected, is a generally cool dude, and he lives in your neck of the woods.

And as forums are meant to be read, gumbii's "liar" statement was meant for the post *directly above* his post. Which was funny, until I got down to your post.

Zambize

gumbii

by gumbii

RISE OUT!!!...

whatever...

anyways... i said to sans the music because it's anoying... when i was running a couple of business websites they all wanted music, and when i took out the music they got more hits... it's true... when i went to your website i quickly closed it because on my laptop there are no volume knobs or anything... so i had to close it, and then lower my speakers... if that's an inconvenience to me, it's also a huge inconvenience to millions of other people that might come across your website...

do not take anything personal... i'm not here to attack... this is a tank rating web forum, and if you don't take critisizm well you probably shouldn't be in the forum... we get alot of peeps a couple times a month crying about how thier tank is rated low... oh well...

i hope success on your website, and your store... but you need to learn not to take people serious, especially on the internetZ...

and zambize...

ajdlfk;ja;dkfljasdfkljasfdlk;ajsfkl;asjfdkalsjdf;afdjasfljsadlkf... lol...

ocreef

by ocreef

Get a mac!

ocreef

by ocreef

You stated....gumbii is extremely knowledgeable, respected on the boards, is well-connected, is a generally cool dude, and he lives in your neck of the woods.

...but you failed to speak highly of yourself, why is this???

...in any event, thank you for the information... duley noted.

...best regards

ocreef

by ocreef

My replies to gumbi... it's called "Reverse Psychology"...that's what I used on Cichlid Man. This is how I get to feel him out. I always lead and never follow.

P.S. No offense was taken by gumbii

ocreef

by ocreef

Thank you

ocreef

by ocreef

As to what you "gumbi" wrote, which was the following for all forum readers to see........i am not some simple minded newb... i probably know more fish knowledge than you by the buckets... srsly... i am on here most of the time to help people out... i stayed around because i like these people... all of us became a tight circle of friends... maybe some day we might meet in real life... but anyways...

MY REPLY: stop whining...I never called you a simple-minded newbie...so no clarification was needed. The difference between you and I, so it seems ?...I am modest, and don't have to show off, to gain recognition, approval or acceptance. By the way, I am sure you are more than likely more knowledgeable than I am, on Lago Niassa in Mozambique; so I do commend you on this and do give you u props man.
Question: Have you been to East Central Africa?

My stats: SSI/CMAS scuba instructor (having logged over 500 dives in Red Sea - Egypt, Israel, Sudan, Mediterranean Sea, Caribbean Sea (Cuba). I've been involved for many years in fish keeping. Having focused (during the last ten years) on reef fish, inverts and LPS coral from the Red Sea. I also have an interest in "New World" Cichlids and Catfishes (mostly loriicarids). I also fancy, a lot, succulent plants, orchids, carnivorous ones and (old world) Chameleons.

Again, I am sure you do possess more knowledge of Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika African cichlids than I ever will...however without a doubt, when it comes to saltwater fish and reefs nationwide and worldwide... I probably know more fish knowledge than you by the buckets... srsly... "Sorry I had to quote you there" couldn't help myself. LOLAROTG

Last but not least... I do like the way you say "these people" from above; it's seem they are in a different classification then you? Why is that? Are they non-human?

dAvE

gumbii

by gumbii

well confagulations...

i don't flaunt anthing here... i just tell it like it is... i'm one honest mofo, and these people know more about me than what they wanted to know... lol... and when i say these people, i mean it like it's said... no stupid double meaning or anything... don't over analyze the unecessary...

and i'm not a pro at the africans... i also breed excting to the wild south americans like paretroplus menarambo, royastes marcano and other cichlids... well that's what i do... i breed extinct to the wild fish... i was even breeding blue eye'd pleco's when they were declared extinct in 02'... but the stupid europeans found an abundance of they and now they aren't even endangered... ha...

and no i've never been to africa... fuck that... i wouldn't want to go anyways... it's fool of poor dangerous people... i watch current tv, i know what goes on down there... as for reef keeping... the fish club is starting up a huge reef program... alot of us are pairing up and building a reef tank... everyone knows that in a couple of years that's all going to die off eventually... hopefully it doesn't, but it is... i think every aquarist should get into reef keeping and fragging... i'm bearly starting up my own reef, but i don't think i'm going to have tome for SPS or anything high maintenance... the snakes take most of my free time...

i know you never called me a simple minded newb... but the reply almost made me look like one... i know how to read, and i know when someone types sarcasm, or denotes a put down... i've been whoring forums since windows 3.1, and i've been keeping fish, you could say all my life... my dad was a fish breeder... that man set the standard in breeding demekins in 91... he knows his shit... my house has always had a couple of tanks setup... and now it has more than a dozen large tanks... hopefully one day that number will double, and it is slowly...

i'm tired of typing, and i have to drive to my office in ten minutes... bah...

anyways... i allready made you look like a major douche canoe, and i doubt that anybody on this board is going to show you respect later on... i will... but i wouldn't count on "these people"...

lol... jakdsjf;alsdjf...

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Wrong foot anyone? Pissing matches don't really impress anyone. Eventually someone runs out of urine, and everything smells bad. As for the Co/CEO of ocreef, I hope you conduct yourself a bit more genuinely in person.

Gumbii can be abrasive, but I can assure you he meant well with his comment on your website. I don't think anyone means to alienate you as the ''new'' member, but you've done a good job of that up to this point yourself..

I don't really often make it a point to give people commands, or stick my nose in others' business, but I also don't like to idly standby when two knowlegable people use the worst reasons to trade kidney jabs.

Sorry for the terrible analogies. Hope this is well received. -.-

-Travis

newby here to give intro

24 posts • Page 2 of 3