What's the best way to get rid of green hair algae?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

newbie916

by newbie916

With shipping it was about $140. Not too bad for everything that I got. I actually saved a good amount of money vs. buying them at my LFS's. I will receive the shipment on Wed. and I'll tell you how everything looks.

lightsluvr

by lightsluvr

Try gradually increasing your magnesium to 1600 and sustain it at that level for a while. You should see the hair algae start to die out...after which your CUC can stay ahead of it...

schigara

by schigara

Elevated magnesium has been shown to work well with bryopsis but not with your average everyday hair algae.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

holy cow! 120 blue legs!!!! Your whole tank is going to be moving. If there is an ounce of algae in that tank when your done............its a curse! Thats a clean up crew right there! They are going to go to town like crazy. Hope you have some extra shells for all those guys. haha you could just about go into business with that many! Keep us updated sounds like a feeding fest is coming wednesday. BTW they are a great company, I bought some copepods from them, talk about BIG JUICY pods....geeze well worth the money.

newbie916

by newbie916

Thx guys for the info. I just got my cleaning crew in on Wednesday and I added 252 members to my cleaning crew. It was definitely pretty crazy looking at all the hermits,sand crabs, astrea snails, nas snails, and emerald crabs. There were only six DOA's and Christina from piece of the reef gave me a credit on my paypal for them. Overall it was a great experience. My tank is very lively and I also noticed that some of them are already swapping for newer shells that were already in my tank. hmm Now I have over 320 members for my crew. Hopefully that will take care of any of my algae problems. Thanks guys for all of the advice and I'll keep you updated.

What's the best way to get rid of green hair algae?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2