No. I give mine the tablet at bedtime and turn the lights out. He will come out about 5 minutes later after it dissolves a little bit and gets soft, then he will eat it up. He is 14 inches long now and eats about 3 tablets at bedtime.
I believe the tablet they're referring to is they algae one. They're suppliments for tanks with algae eating fish that have eaten up all their natural algae. You can watch after the lights go out for a few minutes and you will probably see the plec munching up the mushy tablet.