diy tank build with updates...???

9 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

gumbii

by gumbii

lol...

well here are some pictures of my tank in another thread... lol... since this website is fail/aids and i can't post pictures i'll just post a link of another thread with pictures of my tank and build on it...

well here it is...

http://celticwraithaquarium.forummotion ... 8.htm#1341

k thx...

any questions...??/

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

looks like a nice set up, you build the hood too? - is celticwrathe a freshwater only site?????

Boss

gumbii

by gumbii

right now it is a fresh only site... but if we get MOAR members we can add more forums as we need they...

and yeah i built the hood myself... i didn't really like the way it came out, but it looks allright...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i like that it flips completly open in the front......i built my hood and recessed my current fixture into it and only left a small opening in the front {dumb ass,lol} so now any maint i have to do i need to pull the top off completly to get in there ...oh well learn from your mistakes ....right?

gumbii

by gumbii

yeah... the top was an engineering nightmare for me... lol...

j/k...

i've never seen a top that did that, and i knew it could have been done... so i did it... i could take out live rock and everything without taking the top off... i just need to find out how to keep it up somehow...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Nice job! You geter done dude! Just saw Aquarium of the Pacific's large live reef tank and you just stay there and keep seeing more and more stuff. There was a 6 inch wide crab (with legs) eating some of the coral and I was thinking damn, get that crab out of there! Anyway, basket ball sized giant clams, 2-3 foot wide corals, and all came from seiziors (sp?) the state made at the border or something I was told.

I assume yours is gona look way nice after a while.

gumbii

by gumbii

it's going to take a wile so it could look nice... right now it's pretty fail and aids since the protein skimmer is giving me problems...

but thanks pete... it still needs alot of work... i love my nassarius snails...

acerkai640

by acerkai640

i couldnt see the pictures, they never opened i would like to see how you built your hood cuz im going to be building one soon and would like some ideas. thanks
-acer-

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Pics won't open. Any new ones?

9 posts