New Fish Tank

24 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

man... give them all to a petshop... they might watch them for you if you let them have a couple... my LFS always takes in fish i don't want or need anymore... if i were you i would keep just a couple and go get yourself a new batch of fish... or just start it all over again the way you want it... even if you have to re-cycle the tank it's worth it... plut it's a huge tank... it's easier to maintain...

call up some petshops... they'll take in the fish for you and give you store credit... well most of them will...

what area of LA are you in... in bell there's this place called Bell Bird Farm... the owner is Joe... that's my favorite LFS... he gives top credit for trade in's and is the cheapest in high quality fish in the market... but it's in bell off the 710 off the atlantic blvd exit...

plus... if you have no fish, you could take your time cleaning up the tank and setting it all up the right way... when i buy a used "running" tank i usually take a month or more to get it into the house... i just keep the seeded filters running... or just put the biomedia into another tank...

best of luck to you and your man... and get off the warcraft junk... that stuff rotts your brain...

faile486

by faile486

I talked to Joe, he said he didn't have room for freshwater fish at the moment = ( I'm going to try a couple others. The LFS that I usually use doesn't carry fish this size, and the other one that's close said they'd resell them, but wouldn't give any store credit, and we'd have to pay if we wanted them back.

I love warcraft! I started playing my second semester in College, after I got really sick. My parents were a bit concerned, but I kept straight A's so it can't be that bad =p Been playing off and on for 4 years now.

faile486

by faile486

I did find a store to take them! Sooo happy. One of the flowerhorns died before we were able to get an airstone (since we bought the tank on the 4th), but the rest should make it now ^.^

My smaller tank is coming along nicely - decent plants, a bristlenose pleco and 12 neons.

Testing levels have been stable for a week now.

faile486

by faile486

Got over $60 for them all - which we traded in for a tank decoration, algae wafers for the pleco, a Whisper 20 filter for the smaller tank, and a light bulb that has to be returned cause it's too big =p

New Fish Tank

24 posts • Page 3 of 3